chapter 2

"here's your food and your drinks." the old lady says as she places two plates on the counter. "enjoy." she said and smiled. "thank you, ma'am." i say but ethan just starts eating.

"why don't you use manners next time and say thank you.." i said. he looked up at me and laughed. i roll my eyes and began eating.

little while later me and ethan finished our food and was just talking. "20 questions?" ethan asked me and i nodded.

"ok. me first... how old are you?" he said. "..i'm 17." i said. he look at me and was shocked. "are you serious? your so young." he said. "well how old are you?" i asked.

"18" he said. "your only one year older than me.." i said and he shrugged. "what's your middle name..?" i asked him. he mumbled something but i couldn't hear him..

"what was that?" i asked him again. "it's grant." he said a little louder so i can hear him this time. "that's cute." i said. he rolled his eyes. "what's yours?" he said.

"uh i hate it but it's justine." i said. "Angel Justine Pierce." ethan said aloud. "i like it." i smiled blushing a tad bit. we were interrupted by ethan's phone ringing.

"what do you want?" he said. "ok fine i'm on my way.." he said and hung up the phone. "when i get my card back i'm gonna have to go." he said. "wait you paid?" i asked him.

he nodded. "how? i didn't even see you pay." i say. "i knew if i did it in front of you, you would probably argue so i just did it." he said with a smirk.

______
"he's cute though?" bailey asked me. "oh yeah definitely. but he's a smart ass and a fuckboy so.." i said and she frowned. "so are you gonna be able to get the mission done with him?" she asked and i shrugged.

i don't know to be honest. "yeah i think so." i say.

there was a knock on the door and interrupted mine and baileys movie marathon. i sighed and got up. i tried to comb down my hair with my fingers. i open the door and saw ethan and guy who looks very similar to ethan.

"ethan. what are you doing here?" i ask him. "uh well i got some information about our mission.." he said and i motioned for him and his clone to come in. "this is grayson. my twin brother." he said. "hi grayson. i'm angel." i say

"nice to meet you." he said. "follow me." i say as we walk into the kitchen. "bailey!!" i yelled and she came running in the kitchen. "yeah?" she said. she looked up from her phone.

"woah..." she said and i laughed. "bailey meet ethan and grayson dolan." i say pointing to ethan than grayson.

"this is bailey. my bestfriend." i say. "nice to meet you bailey." grayson said smiling. ok whatever. "come with me ethan." i say and he follows me to my office.

"ok so what's up?" i say. "earlier when i had to leave lunch it was because grayson had called me. grayson isn't an assassin like us but he's very good with computers.." he said. "he was hacking into the systems of computers near by to see if we could find anything." he continued

"just look for your self." i grabbed the file in his hand. opening it seeing all the papers. i read through a few. "dang your good." i said. "i know." he said.. i rolled my eyes. i complaint him, the least he could do is say thank you.

"so you still don't need me?" he said. "i could do this by my self.. and technically grayson is good because he found this information.." i said. "yeah but i read through 150 search history's to find the good stuff.." he said.

"whatever. i haven't even started looking for information.. i just been busy with bailey." i say. "oh yeah does she know your an assassin?" he asked me. "yeah she does. she actually does what grayson does.. hacks. she's super good with computers." i say.

"mm well read through these and tell me if you find anything really good because i don't feel like doing it.." he said i rolled my eyes. walking out of my office, ethan falling behind me. "so do you live here by yourself?" he asked.

"yeah. well i mean baileys moving in soon but as of right now i do. my mom died before i was born and my dad recently passed like a year ago.." i say.

"i'm sorry.. but if you don't mind me asking how did he pass?" i pause for a second. "he died during a mission.. he was an assassin just like me.. he was shot and killed." i said.

ethan stayed quiet.. "my dad has cancer.." he says. i look at him and he looks hurt, broken.. "i'm sorry." is all i say. "they say he's not gonna make it.." he said. i stayed quiet since we walked into the living room.

grayson and bailey are flirting like crazy. "gray you ready?" ethan says.

_____

"your boy crazy, bailey." i say and she laughed. "me and grayson have so much in common! i can't believe you didn't tell me that ethan had a twin!" she said.

"i didn't even know until he came over with him." i say.

_____

"alright i looked through the files.." i say. "and there's nothing or no one that could be a suspect.." i say. "are you serious" ethan said. "i wasted 3 hours reading 150 search history's for nothing.." he said.

"we need so more hacking.." i say. "what if grayson and bailey team up to see if they can figure something out.." i say. "are you sure you want to do that.. did you seem them yesterday? flirting there asses off." he said.

"we need more information and i'm not good with computers.. and i can tell you suck with computers." i say and he acts as he was offended. "is it because i'm so good looking." he said

i roll my eyes. "come on."

"hey you didn't answer... do you think i'm good looking." he asked me. "ethan i will literally smack the shit out of you if you don't shut the fuck up." i say.

________

how is this book so far? i feel like it's good but can be better.. let me know!!! thank you for reading Partner in Crime, bye everyone!

-A