chapter 4

few days later..

"so please tell me you found something and that i didn't just get out of bed for no reason.." i say to ethan. he laughed.

"the jokers.. remember them." ethan said. i nod.

"the man, with the mask.. he was the only one in a mask correct?" ethan asked.

"yeah i believe so? why?" i ask. "because in the article it said the identity of the leader of the jokers is secret.. Angel that man was the leader." he said.

of course.. "so do you think the jokers did it?" i asked. ethan shrugs

"i'm not sure but we need to find out. and fast.." ethan said. "i can go back and then u-" ethan cut me off

"no it's to dangerous.." ethan said. "then what are we gonna do? uh.." i ask. "i'll go." he said.

"no! you are definitely not going by yourself." i say. "fine we will figure it out later." he said. "i have to get going.." he said.

______

"so you and grayson?" i asked bailey. she blushed. "i like him a lot! he said cute, and we have lots in common." she said.

"that's great!" i say. "how's the mission?" she asked "uh well ethan won't let me do anything by myself now.." i say.

"aww he cares about you.. maybe he likes you." she said. "no! he's just doing it because mr. daniels told him to.." i say.

my phone began ringing. i walked to the counter and grabbed it.

grayson?

"uh grayson? what's up?" i say. "have you seen ethan?" he asked. "no he went home an hour ago.." i say

"well he's not home and he's not answering me.." he said. oh no

"i have to go grayson." i say and hang up the phone. i ran up stairs and changed into black and grabbed my pistol and shoved it in the back of my pants.

i put on my shoes heading out of the door. "angel!? where are you going?" bailey yelled.

i unlock my car and start driving to the old abandoned warehouse thing. as soon as i got there i parked my car and hurried to the window where i entered last time.

i looked around seeing if ethan was here.

where are you ethan?

after a few minutes i spotted someone. i couldn't tell if it was ethan or not. i decided to get a closer look. it's him. i was about to hurry to him when someone came into the room.

i stayed where i was so they couldn't see me. i watched the leader as he approached ethan. ethan looked up to the man with the mask. i noticed he had black eye and a few cuts.

"ethan grant dolan. nice to see you." the leader of the jokers said. ethan stayed quiet.

"so how's my Angel? i heard you saved her last time.." he said. ethan tensed up a bit.. he's face turned to pure anger.

"you care about her?" the leader said. ethan looked away. "aw someone has a little crush.." the leader nagged him more. ethan stayed quiet.. is that true does he really?

"what if i hurt her? what if i kill her right in front of you and then sell her guts, her organs.. huh?"

"i would kill you if you even layed one hand on her." ethan said. the guy threw a punch at ethan, then another.. and another.. i can't let him hurt ethan anymore..

i ran out. "stop!" i say. ethan and the leader looks to me. "angel? what are you doing here.." ethan asked. "oh we have company." the leader says.

he began walk towards me.. i took a few steps back.."leave her alone!" ethan said while trying to break free. the leader looked to ethan then to me.. he slapped me and i fell to the floor.