Party Prep

Lockhart had sent out owls to the students from the book-signing, and Lana had been instructed to collect flowers for the party. She made her way to the greenhouse, assuming she'd be doing it herself.

"Hi, Lana! I got an owl from Gilderoy Lockhart with instructions to get flowers for the party." Barnaby greeted her.

"I got an owl from him, too, about me coming to help." she smiled.

"Plenty of red roses to pick, thanks to Sprout's Herbivicus lesson!" he added.

"Using our Valentine's Day lesson for the decorations...it's brilliant, Barnaby!" Lana grinned.

"I hope you remember this the next time I do something not-so-brilliant." he told her.

"Everything you do is brilliant." Lana smiled.

"Is that so?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and moving closer to her.

"Would I have said it if it want so?" Lana asked, mocking his actions.

"Hmm..." he mumbled, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close to him, "I don't understand what that means, but it sounded good." he said, kissing her softly.

"You're so adorable." Lana chuckled.

"I know." he grinned.

She kissed his lips one more time, placing her hands on his chest.

"Alright, I suppose we should get started on gathering roses..." she said.

They didn't take long picking the flowers, and Lana had to go and help the other group members with different valentines-related things.

"So we've got flowers for Voyages, Vampires and Valentines! That's a start!" Lana smiled.

"You did great." Barnaby smiled, kissing her cheek.

"Thank you." she smiled back, "You wanna try that thing I taught you?" Lana asked.

She'd taught him what she'd learnt in Herbology when Professor Sprout showed the students how to bloom the roses to a larger size.

"Uh, ok. But I'll probably botch it up..." he grinned sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No you won't, because I taught you, and I'm the best teacher ever. Show me what you can do, Lee." Lana teased.

He pulled out his wand and waved it at the rose, and it bloomed into a larger, more beautiful looking flower.

"Well done, Barny! It's beautiful..." Lana said, admiring the plant.

"Yeah, absolutely gorgeous..." Barnaby added, but he wasn't looking at the flower.

Lana turned to look at him, smiling widely, until she noticed him staring at her.

"What?" she giggled, sending Barnaby's heart crazy.

"Hmm? Nothing." he lied, "Anyway, I have some stuff I gotta do, so I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Oh, ok then. See you." Lana smiled, pecking his cheek and hurrying off to find Penny.

"Penny, I've been looking all over for you!" Lana cried once she'd found her friend in the Artefact Room.

"Why?" Penny wondered.

"Gilderoy Lockhart seems to think you're planning a surprise for Voyages, Vampires, and Valentines!"

"Clever wizard! I am! How do you think Mr Lockhart knew!" the blonde girl grinned.

"I'm not sure, but he seems to have taken an unusual interest in all of us..." Lana muttered.