A Party?

(chapter is copy & pasted from other book)

It was the day of the book signing, and Lana had been picked to go to Flourish & Blotts to see it in action. Opening the book shop door, she saw the back of none other than Barnaby, so she ran up behind him and jumped on his back.

"Woah! Hey, Lana." the boy chuckled, turning his head to look at her.

"Hey." she giggled, kissing his cheek and jumping off.

"Of course Riviera's here..." Merula scoffed.

"So it's just us six who were randomly selected to attend this bloke's book-signing?" the girl asked, standing next to Barnaby.

"It looks like it. It's rather crowded, isn't it?" Andre asked.

"Crowds aren't really my thing." Talbott added with a look of slight discomfort. Lana gave him a small smile in attempt to make him feel less awkward, as she knew what he was like.

"But isn't it exciting to be at a book signing with a famous author?! I'm feeling quite grown-up!" Penny grinned excitedly.

"So what happens first at an official book-signing?" Barnaby wondered.

"We're about to find out..." Lana said, as the door opened, and in waltzed Gilderoy Lockhart, once again throwing his cape onto some poor witch or wizard.

"Greetings, connoisseurs of fine literature!" he began, "I relish these intimate book-signings as a chance to get to know each of my readers. But I'm quite certain you would rather get to know me! Approach with your copies of Voyages with Vampires. My quill is at the ready! And do stay after your book is signed...I might have a surprise for a few special guests..." he winked.

"Blimey, when Lockhart's talking, it's as if nothing else in the room matters!" Andre stated.

"I could literally focus on nothing else." Lana groaned.

"So when do we get to sign some some books?" Barnaby asked eagerly.

"You'd have to write a book first, mate." Talbott chuckled.

"That wasn't mentioned in the invitation!" the Slytherin worried, "So is this all that happens at a book-signing? We watch someone else sign books and then it's over?"

"Pretty much, yeah." Lana chuckled.

"Gilderoy Lockhart mentioned he had a surprise. What do you think it's about?" Penny asked excitedly.

"I imagine it has to do with himself. Gilderoy Lockhart seems to be his own favourite topic." Lana answered, earning a handful of laughs from the group.

"It sounds to me like Riviera's jealous she's not the centre of attention for once..." Merula sassed, earning a glare from Barnaby as he wrapped an arm around Lana's waist.

"Oh! That's a brilliant idea!" Penny grinned, "Why don't you write a book, Lana? I'd read it!"

Lana giggled at her friend noticed that Talbott was looking at Penny with a small smile on his face. He saw Lana looking at him and blushed deeply, eyes darting around the room awkwardly as if he was embarrassed.

'What is up with that boy?' Lana thought to herself.

"May I have your attention please?" Lockhart's voice boomed from the back of the shop, "I promised you an incredible surprise, and I shall deliver! Please turn your attention to the young Hogwarts students in attendance."

Everyone in the shop turned to face the group, causing Lana and the others to feel rather confused.

"These randomly chosen students thought they were simply invited guests to my book-singing, but they are about to become my apprentices for a special Valentine's Day project!" the man beamed, "Let us take a moment to recognise the good fortune of these young witches and wizards. And let us recognise me for my efforts to enrich the education of Hogwarts' next generation."