Part 47

The wind blew, making the girl's hair fly back, revealing her perfectly structured neck

The wind blew, making the girl's hair fly back, revealing her perfectly structured neck. Her feet dangled off the edge of the building, dozens of meters away from the ground. But she didn't seem to mind the fact that if she did one wrong move, she would fall to her death.

The boy lazily joined her, also sitting down on the edge of the tall building, a normal distance between them. He gave her one of the cans he was holding which she gratefully took although she did not open it. He did the opposite and sipped on the soft drink.

"How's your rib?" Naeun looked over to Donghyuck, who frowned slightly.

"Since when do you care?"

"My god, can't you accept me being nice for once?" She rolled her eyes and the boy clicked his tongue.

"I'm fine. It just hurts a little and I couldn't take part in the paintball evaluation." He put down the can beside him, admiring the view of the sun setting behind the horizon.

"Oh, cool." Naeun shortly replied, also staring off into the distance.

Donghyuck could immediately sense her nervousness and he looked over at her. She avoided his gaze and kicked her feet nervously. Was it because of the incident few nights prior? Or something else?

He couldn't tear his eyes off of her. The way that the beautiful colors of the sunset colored her face made him gawk and he saw the glimmer in her eyes. Her defined facial feautures made his heart begin racing, her beauty even more obvious.

"Dong." Her voice, which was softer than usual, snapped him out of his daze.

"Yeah?" He hummed, anxiously turning back to watch the sunset so he wouldn't be caught staring.

"I like you." 

Donghyuck froze, her words shocking him. As he snapped back towards her, she hadn't even sent him a glance.

"W-what?"

"I like you." 

He gulped at the sheer boldness that her words held, yet his heart did not flutter at her confession. Donghyuck just felt this bundle of nervousness, anxiety and pity form at his throat.

"Naeun, I-"

"And I know you like Haeun."

The boy's eyes widened and he watched her sigh as her gaze finally fell to his. "But we both realize that her and Jisung are a thing. She obviously likes him." Naeun's voice was firm and held little to no emotion. 

Donghyuck felt something like a stab to the heart as he heard that. He knew. He knew all along about it. But hearing it from someone else somehow hurt even more although it was so obvious.

The girl stared at him with pity in her eyes. "Don't you think it's time to move on?" She continued with a way softer voice. Donghyuck clenched his fists as he looked away, his gaze travelling down to the populated street.

"You can use me." Naeun tried to hide how terrified she actually was. She knew that him rejecting her would ruin the entire friendship they build and she had actually found her safe spot with Donghyuck. She didn't want to lose him but she didn't want to see him suffer either.

Her words plagued his mind. This just felt so wrong to the boy as he had grown to enjoy the girl's presence. She was the one who stood by him and took care of him although he had always been an asshole. But this proposal felt a bit too much.

Hopeless, Naeun exhaled the breath she had been holding in. "It's fine, i under-"

"Let's do it." 

The girl blinked confused and she watched him slowly turned his head towards her.

"Let's date."

"Wait, y'all are dating?!" Jeno asked in shock as he watched the couple stand in front of them with intertwined hands. Naeun looked up towards Donghyuck who siply nodded.

"Wow, who would've known." Renjun shook his head, equally taken aback as he leaned further into the couch. 

"Can't believe Donghyuck got a girlfriend before I did." Jaemin whined, pouting his lips.

"Now we're just waiting for the other 2 to set off." Jaehyun smirked. "Speaking of them..."

The entire room turned towards the archway that led to the living room as Jisung and Haeun emerged from them, both laughing. They stopped seeing that everyone's eyes were set upon them.

"What?" Jisung asked, his smile fading. Haeun was quick to notice her 2 friends holding hands in the centre of the room and she gasped.

"You two-" Her eyes widened as she pointed a finger towards her twin sister, who in return smiled lightly.

"Yeah."

"Wow." Haeun exclaimed. "Congratulations!" She grinned from ear to ear.

Donghyuck big his cheek seeing that the girl was not affected at all and he felt the jealousy swarm him. Naeun immediately noticed his hand holding onto his tighter and she nudged him.

"Come on, let's go." She whispered into his ear and he obliged, the new couple leaving out of the door.

I lowkey feel like I focus way too much at the relationships of the side-characters

I lowkey feel like I focus way too much at the relationships of the side-characters. But honeslty, I love NaeHyuck so much liek tf