Part 56

Haeun was walking, kicking pebbles in an attempt to entertain herself

Haeun was walking, kicking pebbles in an attempt to entertain herself. It was already dark as she had first stayed at school to study and then got a snack at a convenience store. She had decided to walk back home since she just needed the breath of fresh air to be able to clear her thoughts. 

As she was about to take a turn, she suddenly heard her name being called out.

"Lee Haeun!"

The girl immediately recognized the voice and snapped to her left to see none other than Jisung sitting on a stone half-wall. He sent her one of his charming smiles as she gawked.

"Jisung?" She blurted out in disbelief and he pouted his lips while shrugging playfully. Not aware of what she was doing, Haeun lunged herself towards him and he groaned surprised as she hit into him, her arms quickly wrapping around his neck. Jisung was taken aback and he felt his heart begin to leap wildly at the skinship. Her head rested in the crook of his neck and he felt her breaths hit the fabric of his t-shirt. But he couldn't resist the urge and his arm naturally went around her waist, pulling her even closer. 

"You've been discharged?" Haeun pulled her face away, but her hands remained where they were. Not that Jisung minded anyways.

He just nodded. 

"Do the others know?" She asked and the boy shook his head warily. "Then come on, let's go home and tell them!"

As she tried to step away, Jisung's grip on her waist tightened and she was stuck in place. Haeun's breath hitched as she watched the unfamiliar look in his eyes.

"No, don't."

"Why?" She asked, the presence of his hands on her making her increasingly begin to feel hot on the inside.

"Because I don't want that to happen again." He said firmly.

"What would happen again?"

"Us being interrupted."

Haeun's eyes widened an inch as the butterflied in her stomach began tickling her again. But she gulped, trying to push back the thoughts and not jump into conclusions.

"H-huh?" She only managed to exlaim, her voice showing her shyness.

And this time Jisung did not hesitate.

He closed his eyes and leaned in quickly, their lips colliding. Haeun felt her insides melt as her hands gripped tightly onto the back of his t-shirt where they were placed. Jisung's lips were soft and it seemed as if time had stopped.

Haeun also closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss, the 2 beginning to move in harmony. Jisung's grip on her waist tightened even more as he pulled her closer. There was no space between them now, their bodies leaning aginst each other as they enjoyed the moment. The girl's hands began roaming, beginning to slide through his brown hair.

The longer their kiss went on, the more they both became addicted to it. After so much longing, both had finally come clean with their emotions and they did not want this long awaited moment to end.

But finally, they separated to take a deep breath. Haeun couldn't help but smile up at him, her eyes reflecting the eyes from around them making it seem like they were twinkling in the dark. Jisung giggled, the euphoria beginning to kick in and he looked away.

"Ah, seriously." He breathed out in disbelief with a smile on his face, still shocked that  this actually happened. Haeun's cheeks were flushed, yet she didn't mind as that came from the adrenaline she felt around her entire body. 

"So i guess... you like me?" The girl teased, her face falling into a mischevious grin. Jisung raised an eyebrow.

"You don't?"

"I need to think about it." She continued joking, removing her hands from around his neck. The boy pouted, refusing to let her go.

"You seriously drive me insane." He sighed happily as he looked down at her adoringly. He obviously knew that she was just teasing him, but still felt like he needed to make her completely his and no one else's. That's why he slowly leaned in again and planted a sweet kiss onto her forehead.

Haeun was slightly flustered, her heart fluttering again as she felt his breath fanning her face before he looked down at her. She blinked a couple of times before clearing her throat.

"Hey, it's late, let's go back now." She stumbled on her words and Jisung giggled at her cuteness. She then grabbed one of his hands from around her waist and began walking towards the mansion, refusing to look at him. The boy felt his heart melt as he watched her shy state and as he followed her, he intertwined their hands properly. He then stood beside her and looked down at her, Haeun still avoiding his gaze.

 ➥

"Jisung! What are you doing here?" Jaehyun exclaimed as he watched the 2 teens walk in through the door. Jisung couldn't stop smiling, making the elder slightly confused. But as he looked to the side, he noticed his young leader hiding behind the other's back.

"Oh! You're here too!" Jaehyun raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to see her. He then noticed her flushed cheeks and his mouth formed an 'o'. Jisung's proud expression and her red cheeks added up perfectly, which made Jaehyun smirk.

"See you later guys." The girl muttered hurriedly before running off and up the stairs.

Jaehyun turned to see Jisung looking up at where she disappeared, a loving expression on his face. The elder shook his head.

"I'm telling Taeyong hyung."

Jisung snapped to him, an expression of terror on his face. 

"No!" 

Jaehyun bursted out into laughter.

Took them 56 chapters + the entirety of 'Not like you' :')