Chapter 2

Skye POV

"How will you come at us? From the air? From the ground? How will you silence us this time? How can you? The truth is in the wind. It's everywhere. You cannot stop the Rising Tide. You will not find us. You will never see our faces. But rest assured- we will rise against those who shield us from the truth. And nothing- nothing can stop us in the- "

Skye stopped abruptly when the door to her van slid open, revealing two men in suits.  One was smirking and the other one looked scarily like Secret Service. She knew better though. This was S.H.I.E.L.D. Skye turned toward them and forced a smile.

"Hey," she greeted, "What up?" before a bag was shoved over her head and she was dragged away. 

-----Time-Skip-----

When she was able to see again Skye was in a cell. The serious one roughly pushed her into a chair.

"You guys are making a big mistake," she said desperately.

"You don't look that big."

The other man spoke. "Sorry for the lack of finesse. Agent Ward,"- so that was his name- "here has had a little history with you group- the Rising Tide."

"I don't know what you're-" she stuttered out, trying and failing to act innocent.

Agent Ward declared, "Okay there are two ways we can do this."

"Oh. Is one of them the easy way?" Skye said, her words practically dripping with contempt.

"No."

"Oh."

"What's your name?"

"Skye."

"What's your real name?"

Skye looked at him.

The other man- she really needed to figure out his name- interrupted. "That can wait. There's another name we need, a certain hero."

Skye sucked in a breath. "What makes you think I know that?"

"Well you made a little mistake. The phone you filmed the Hooded Hero with had the same cryptographic signature as a few of the Rising Tide posts."

"Wow, yeah. Was that a mistake? Or am I now sitting in the middle of your secret headquarters? What is this? A plane?" Skye said hoping to bluff them out.

She noticed Ward glance at the man that was sitting in front of her. She was actually correct? That was surprising. She took her chance and kept talking. "I got inside. And by now you've discovered you can't beat the encryption on my equipment, so you got nothing."

"We have a fairly strong coincidence- you being on the scene right before it went up in flames." The man in front of her handed her a picture. "Want to tell me what my team is going to find out? How did you know the hooded man was in the building?"

Now it was Ward. "Did you blow it up to draw him out?"

Skye was genuinely insulted. "Did you?"

"That's not our style."

"I was just kidnapped by your style." she replied indignantly. "S.H.I.E.L.D. covered up New Mexico, Project Pegasus. Of course you'd be covering up Centipede."

Ward mouthed something at the other man questioningly."Holy no way," she said laughing, "you don't know what that is. Billions of dollars of equipment at your disposal, and I beat you with a laptop I won in a bet?" Skye scoffed. She thought they were better than this.

"You need to think about your friend. We're not the only ones interested in people with powers. We'd like to contain him, yeah. The next guy will want to exploit him, and the guy after that will want to dissect him."

Ward shifted until he was leaning over her. "What is Centipede?" he demanded.

"Centipede- it was chatter on the web and then gone." she said getting up and walking around in the confined space. "I traced the access point mac address to that building."

"What were you after?"

She turned around suddenly angry. "The truth. What are you after?"

Ward answered calmly. "World peace. You psuedo-anarchist types love to stir things up." he said standing up. "But you're never around for the fallout." He was in her face now. "People keep secrets for a reason Skye."

"Well," she said poking his chest, "just because you're reasonable..." she hesitated, "and firm doesn't mean that you're not an evil, faceless government tool bag."

Ward was clearly annoyed, "Just give us your guy's name."

"He's not my guy!"

"You understand that he's in danger." Skye whipped around. She had honestly forgotten she was there. 

"Then let me go. Let me talk to him. Me- not the T-1000 here"

Ward clearly wasn't buying it. "You want to be alone with him. Of course." Adressing the other man he said, "She's a groupie. All this hacking into S.H.I.E.L.D., tracking powers- she might as well be one of those sweaty cosplay girls outside of Stark Tower."

"What? I would-" she looked down. "It was one time."

"Ward." They both walked out. She sighed, resigned to her fate.

Luckily they came back soon enough. Don't ask her how much time it had been, her internal clock was not reliable.

The man whose name she still did not know(you know what she was going to call him Suit Guy) held something up. "This is QNB-T16. It's the top-shelf martini of sodium pentothal derivatives. It's a brand new and extremely potent truth drug." Skye struggled but Ward pushed her down. "Don't worry, the effects only last about an hour."

Ward spoke, "And you'll have a nice little nap. And we'll have all the answers to our- Hey! What the hell?" Suit Guy had injected the serum into Ward. She was laughing so hard inside.

Suit Guy looked at him. "Sorry. Did that hurt?"

"No. But you've lost your mind. You should never do that to a member of your team. And yes- it did hurt a little bit. But I always try to mask my pain in front of beautiful women cause I think it makes me seem more masculine."

Skye's eyebrows shot up. What the hell?

"My god, this stuff works fast."

"Don't trust us? Ask him whatever you like.

"Wait a minute. Wait you can't just-"

The door closed. Skye grinned. This would be fun.

A/N DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. OR PERCY JACKSON. THIS CHAPTER WAS ENTIRELY FROM THE SHOW SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. PERCY WILL SHOW UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER HOPEFULLY. I GUESS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.

PS PERCY AND SKYE ARE THE SAME AGE. WARD AND FITZ-SIMMONS AREN'T AS YOUNG BUT AROUND 20 YEARS OLD. I WAS PLANNING ON MAKING SKYE AND PERCY A COUPLE BUT WOULD YOU RATHER PERCY BE A LONER? IF SO SKYE WOULD EVENTUALLY BE WITH LINCOLN LIKE IN THE SHOW.

ADIOS,

Lady Foss-Boss