Flashback

A/N THIS NEXT CHAPTER WILL EXPLAIN PART OF WHAT HAPPENED TO PERCY TO MAKE HIM LEAVE HIS OLD LIFE AND JOIN S.H.I.E.L.D. I WILL NOT SPECIFY EXACTLY WHEN HE HAS THE FLASHBACK AS IT IS SIMPLY BACKSTORY TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHY HE IS HOW HE IS IN THE STORY. UNLESS TOLD OTHERWISE ASSUME THAT WHAT YOU ARE READING HAPPENED IN THE PAST. HOPE YOU LIKE THE SONG. I KNOW IT'S A GIRL BUT I REALLY WANTED A BETRAYAL SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER.

Percy POV

It all started the day Josh Rivers came to camp. He had apparently killed two hellhounds and a dracanae on his way to camp, emerging victorious without a scratch. Jason and Piper had volunteered to show him around camp so Percy was relaxing on the beach. He was getting ready to go for a swim when the Minotaur charged at him. He charged at it quickly finishing it off. After Tartarus did somebody really think that Beef Head would be a threat to him?

Then he realized that monsters couldn't go through the border without permission. That meant that either there was a traitor or somebody inside camp had a personal vendetta with him. Although he doubted the camper who had let the monster in had stuck around he scanned his surrounding checking for any possible suspects. 

Percy saw Josh coming out of the woods. What was he doing in the woods? They were too dangerous for a newbie like him even if he had supposedly already killed three monsters. Besides, wasn't he supposed to be with Jason and Piper?

Suspicious, Percy decided that he would go talk to him. Hand in his pocket clasping Riptide he walked up to Rivers questions ready to spring from his lips. Knowing that would seem strange and put the other boy on guard he started with a simple, "Hey dude what's up? Thought you were with Piper and Jason?"

"Oh they finished the tour and told me to go explore on my own," he said casually putting Percy on guard. His response was a little too casual.

"I saw you coming out of the woods. Just a warning, they're really dangerous for new campers because monsters are allowed to roam free there. I wouldn't go back there until you have a weapon and are confident with your ability to kill them."

"Thanks for the advice," Josh said politely, trying for a smile that to Percy looked way more like a grimace. 

Percy walked away but not before he heard Josh mutter, "He's onto me. I'll have to be more careful," before the voice faded as he got further away.

Looking back on it he should have known that his entire life would be flipped upside down in a matter of days.

The next week was torture. Whenever he left his cabin he would be blamed for something that had happened around camp, whether it was breaking Will Solace's bow or calling a daughter of Nike weak because they were the child of a minor god. He had to be careful and stick to the shadows to avoid being beat up by the Ares cabin for apparently calling them cowards.

Annabeth had seemed more distant too. Percy couldn't stand being apart from her so he decided to give her the promise ring he had been saving for the right time.

It was beautiful. The band was silver with engraved waves encircling a diamond. On the inside of the ring Seaweed Brain+Wise Girl was inscribed in gold.

Percy went to the beach looking for her. He saw two campers making out on the beach and started to veer away trying to respect their privacy. He was about to go search somewhere else when he whirled around. The honey blonde hair that he loved to play with was unmistakable. That was Annabeth making out with another camper!

Stomping over to them, tears brimming his eyes, Percy whipped out the promise ring. "I was going to take you on a date and give this to you tonight Wise Girl!" The nickname that he had called her so fondly for years was sneered out with venom, anger lacing every feature of Percy's face. "And then I found you making out with him!"

He glared at the other boy who he now could identify as Josh Rivers. His hurricane-like eyes were swirling with barely supressed rage as he fought to restrain himself from killing the other boy on the spot. "What did I ever do to you?! Ever since you came to camp you've had it out for me! Why can't you f****** leave me alone?!"

Arrogant as ever, Josh did not hesitate to answer. "When I got to camp it was all- 'Percy Jackson is so brave!' and 'Percy Jackson is the best hero ever' I wanted your fame and power so I decided to make the camp turn against you. Though Annabeth was unplanned it only made my plan better. Face it- you have nothing left, not even your girlfriend."

Something inside Percy snapped at those words. He lunged at Josh and lashed out, rage making his vision red and all reason ignored.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a bright flash that could only mean the arrival of a god. Turning towards the god he saw it was his father.

Poseidon was furious. "How dare you attack my favorite son!"

Percy was shocked. "That a**hole's my brother?!" he shrieked.

Poseidon ignored the question. "You shall be brought to Olympus to answer for your crimes."

Percy's world went black.

 -----Time-Skip-----

When Percy awoke he was in the Olympian throne room bound by imperial gold. Normally the sight made him stare in awe or pride but now he only scowled at the reminder of his cheating girlfriend.

Both of the camps' senior campers were present. Any hope he had for them to defend him against the council was extinguished by their hateful faces. Were they just going to abandon him after he had fought two wars for them?

Zeus spoke up. "Perseus Jackson has been brought here today to face punishment for attacking his brother." The King of the Gods addressed Percy, "What do you plead?"

"Innocent of course. Josh provoked me and has been spreading lies and rumors about me for the past week."

Zeus turned towards the gods and demigods. "How should he be punished."

Ares immediately answered, "Kill him!" Many gods nodded their approval at the suggestion.

Josh had a different idea. "My lord," he said bowing to Zeus, "Why don't we send him to Tartarus?"

Percy's eyesight went blurry with tears. His so-called family was really going to send him back to that hellhole? Was the torture he received last time he was there not enough to prove his loyalty?

Zeus nodded. "This would be a worthy punishment for the traitor. Who thinks that his punishment should be to be banished to Tartarus?"

Percy watched in horror as the entire council including his father raised their hands. Desperately looking to the campers that he called family, dread filled him when all of their hands went up as well, the first one up being Annabeth's. 

Although at this point it would do him no good, his heart warmed seeing Nico, Thalia, Hazel, and Frank abstain from raising their hands. If he died in Tartarus at least he would die knowing he still had some friends.

Zeus looked to Hades who nodded before snapping his fingers.

Tears were flowing freely down Percy's face as he watched the people he once called family vote for what would inevitably end in his death.

And he fell.

A/N SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDAT. LIFE HAS BEEN REALLY BUSY. IN THE NEXT CHAPTER THE TEAM WILL MEET MIKE PETERSON. HOPE YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AS MUCH AS ME.

Adios,

    -Lady Foss-Boss