Chapter 1

In a large courtyard, spring can be felt in every corner as the trees are in full bloom. Its leaves are gently swaying along with the wind, the windchime emitting a lullaby as the wind gently touch it.

  “It is such an honor to meet you, Prime Minister Xiang”

  “It's also an honor General Li and it seems you have bring your heir”

   General Li laughed as he stroked his beard, his eyes lit up when it featured the young boy on his left side. The boy's features can left many awed for it is flawless, his eyes are of phoenixes but it lets out a gentle gaze. Overall, his looks are like that of a scholar with a mix of devilish look. He emits a gentle demeanor completely opposite of his father but as they said, don't judge the book by its cover.

  The boy at the age of 14 had manage to defeat his brothers and other illegitimate children on his family to gain the rightful title of heir of the General household.

  This is an awe inspiring fleet.

  Prime Minister Xiang nodded to show his approval, he was quite thrilled to know that his daughter's soon-to-be-fiance is an outstanding youth. Once they are married, he can set his mind at peace knowing that his daughter is in good hands and even if there are concubines, his daughter is still the main wife and he can exert his pressure to those concubines to keep them in place.

  “Well, you can meet my daughter in the garden, she's frequently in there. Lin Song, accompany the boy to your Lady”

  The servant, Lin Song bowed and gestured for the young boy to follow him. They ventured for a few minutes and finally arrived at a bridge.

  “This servant is only allowed on this line, asking the Young Master Li to forgive this servant”

  “It's ok, go now”

  The boy's phoenix eyes moved around, scanning his surroundings as he made his way to the bridge, his thoughts all over the place. He was quite displeased when his father,that damned father of mine, told him that night that he had assigned a fiance to him.

  It took him by surprise, and was immediately replaced by anger but he supressed it and only ask 'who?' in furrowed brows.

  He almost laughed when he heard that it was the sickly daughter of the prime minister, that father of his truly thought it through. He is giving him a fiance with a powerful backing but also limiting his hold in his own household because the prime minister will surely meddle for the sake of his daughter.

  Ha! You really thought you got me?

  Under his gentle eyes, a flash of light passed through, for a second a terrifying gaze fleeted through.

  The boy stopped in his tracks when he came across a tree, a cherry blossom tree to be exact. Some of its leaves are falling down gently, and two of it graze his shoulders and stay in there.

  The young boy didn't notice the beauty of the tree as his gaze are locked on the figure beneath the falling leaves. The figure's back appears soft and gentle, they are wearing a pink clothing, complimenting the tree perfectly.

  “Hm? Xiao Mei did you bring the tea yet?-ah?”

  The figure unexpectedly turned around. The figure was actually a girl!