Chapter 2

“You-um who are you?”

  The girl stuttered, her long eyelashes fluttered. Her big doey eyes looked at the boy in front of her, her demeanor appeared shaken. She showed fear and nervousness, the boy's heart clenched and he unexpectedly take a step forward.

  “Don't be afraid”

  He said in a gentle voice, almost like he was coaxing her, he was surprised for he never used that voice before. The girl stiffened and relaxed instantly, she tried to smile but she still remained on her place.

  The boy continued to move forward in slow step, almost like he was afraid the girl would be frightened and run away. When he was a step away, he introduced himself.

  “Don't be afraid, my name is Li Xinan”

  “Oh! I-I am Xiang Fei, I'm sorry earlier its just that, no one had ever entered here before except for my servants and my father”

  The girl, Xiang Fei explained in a hurried manner, her cheeks blushing to the point of turning into a tomato. Li Xinan chuckled at her antics, he inwardly thought that having the prime minister's daughter as his fiance isn't as bad as he thought.

  “It's ok, I should be the one apologizing because I have frightened you. Also, is this your garden? It's beautiful”

  Li Xinan noticed how the girl lit up and relaxed more when he asked about the garden, he wasn't  pretending though, he was honestly intrigued and fascinated by how the garden is arranged and well manage.

  The two managed to talked until sundown, though Li Xinan did more on the talking, they have taken the space under the cherry blossom tree to sit down, Li Xinan even made a flower crown for the girl. He never thought that Xiang Fei could make him smile so much and keep him interested.

  “The Lady and Young Master Li, forgave this servant but General Li has asked for the Young Master's presence for they are going to depart”

  “Hmhm”

  “Y-you're going to leave?”

  Xiang Fei pouted and she bowed her head, the boy chuckled and patted her head. Li Xinan was amused but in his heart, he was also sad to know they are departing, for him, their talk was so short and he kind of wanted to hear Xiang Fei talk more. He wanted to hear her sweet voice talk to him every second.

  “Come back ok?”

  “Ok”

  “You promised?”

  “Yes, I promised. I will come meet you tomorrow”

  Xiang Fei let out a bright smile and hugged Li Xinan, which made him let out a smile. His heart was unexpectedly touched by her hug. But he didn't know that this hug will be the start of their journey.