Chapter 4

“Young Master Li, the Head has asked for you”

  The boy's gaze turned away from the girl sleeping on the bed, he gently took away his hands that was clasping the girl's. He hurried away from her room, his steps are light and made no sound as he made his way to the prime minister's workroom.

  “I believe you already know that my daughter have a heart disease and it was your fault for making it act this night.”

  “Yes, I deeply apologize for my negligence but I promise to never do it again.”

  The Prime Minister stared at the boy in front of him, he held great hopes for this young lad that's why he agreed on this engagement.

  “I have great hopes for you boy, in the future, I hope I can give my daughter to you with peace of mind. I will not meddle with you taking concubines in the future if you make sure that my daughter's position and her health will not be affected”

  “Yes and don't worry father-in-law, I will not take any concubines”

  What a joke!

  The Prime Minister laughed inside, he didn't take the boy's words seriously because he is still young and who knows what he may encounter in the future?

  “I have asked for your presence because I am planning to take my daughter to my homeland, away from the capital. I plan to nurture her health in there, we will depart in three days that's why I'm letting you know right now”

  “What?”

  The boy furrowed his brows, his fist clenched displaying his anger for the matter.

  “Don't be upset, I have already talked to my daughter and she understand. She only hoped to see you more in this three days so I have sent a letter to your father to let you stay in our household for the time being. We plan to return when she is at the right age to marry. That's all, you can go now”

  Three day, three days to see her for the last time? Too short!

  The boy thought, different plan flow through his head. He had thought of different scenarious of what he would do to eliminate some of his longingness during those time that she will be away.

  “Xinan, here, I will give this to you. This will serve as a token of our engagement hehe~”

  Xiang Fei opened her palm to reveal a pair of earrings, it is a gemstone with a bright red colour. The gemstone had taken the shape of a pearl, it has a chain attached to it so it will hang when worn but both have different length.

  She picked the longest one and handed it to Li Xinan.

  “Here, this is yours and this is mine. This way, we have our couple earring!”

  She laughed brightly, her two eyes twinkled in delight. Li Xinan allowed her to wear it on his left ears while he put hers on her right one.

  He was satisfied to see them wearing something that can be considered as their promised to each other. He had also plan to give her something to remind her of him.

  “Here, FeiFei should know what is inside”

  Xiang Fei opened the box, she was surprised to see a white cat and a small bird in a cage. She melted at the cat's cuteness and her attention was grabbed by the bird in the cage. Observing it for a minute and she instantly know what type of bird it is!

  “You want us to write at each other!?Waaah!”

  This way you can't forget me. Hehe a nice present male lead!

  “Um, this is so I can understand and know your situation”and also to cure my loneliness for you.

  “..So will my FeiFei write me everyday?”

  “I will!”