08 - la deuxième

C H A P T E R 0 8

Draco

They had literally abducted him! No warning had been given when they had snatched Draco by his arm out of the hallway, on his way to the library. He hadn't panicked at first because of the sudden abduction, but he had panicked because he would miss his meeting with Harry. Dragged to headmaster Dumbledore's office, Draco had thought he had done something wrong, but there he had seen the faces of others he recognized; Gabrielle, Hermione and Cho. He had stood beside the equally confused girls and waited for what the professors in front of him had to say.

They were going to drown him! What an awful plan it had sounded in Draco's ears. Enchanted in a deep sleep but completely safe... as if Draco had been able to believe that. He had sulked while throwing vile glares at each of the irresponsible adults in front of him before demanding five minutes to at least go to the bathroom before they would unwillingly put him asleep. Of course Draco hadn't needed to go to the bathroom; he saw it as his opportunity to tell Harry about the gillyweed. He had only found out about it the night before while reading in his new plant book. Already on one of the first pages he had stumbled upon it and while reading its description, had known it was what they had been looking for all along.

Scribbling down a note, he had ran towards the library as fast as he could. Halfway he had seen Ron appear out of nowhere, shoved the note into the ginger's hands instead. Ron had given him a weird look before Draco had taken off again, hurrying back to the Headmaster's office.

The note had simply read;

Use gillyweed for second task. Find: Potions class? No warming charm.

He could only have hoped that Ron would've been smart enough to give the note to Harry or somehow obtain the gillyweed himself. But all his thoughts had faded away as the professors casted the special sleeping charm upon him right at the moment he entered the office again.

☾ *:・゚✧

Nothing had Draco remembered from his trip to the bottom of the Lake. Rien. It had frustrated him even more when he had awoken, almost drowning by the surprise of finding himself in ice cold water. He had splashed his arms and legs in fury while getting cheered on by the surrounding crowd. Cursing all the professors and inventor of the tasks, he hadn't even thought about wether Harry had succeeded or not. But as the boy had grabbed ahold of his face, mumbling words Draco couldn't even hear, he knew by his clumsy kiss that he had succeeded. And succeeded greatly, apparently, as he got second place for arriving at the Merpeople's village first and saving two candidates instead of one. Fleur had been under the attack of grindylows and had to pull back before finishing her task, which made her score no points at all. But it hadn't mattered to the French girl anyway; the safety of her little sister had always been more important and worrying than her score.

Draco was still surrounded by the smell of pine, his skin in touch with the softest wool he had ever felt. The red and gold jumper, which he had made fun of at first, appeared to be one of the better things in life. And of course, that had nothing to with the fact that it was Harry's jumper or anything. It had been quite a surprise to Draco that Harry had dared to kiss him when everyone had been watching; he had thought the boy didn't want anyone to know about them. But it wasn't just something Harry should've worried about, by the public kiss their love had also been declared to all the girls and Madame Maxime herself. Draco didn't even dare to look at her; afraid she would judge him for betrayal to Beauxbatons. Already thinking about it made Draco's stomach turn upside down. He knew Fleur apparently didn't care but how would the others react? He had no idea.