11 - l'avertissement

NOTE: The first part of this chapter exists out of letters exchanged by the boys (just a few, not all of them as they probably wrote way too many to each other). Also, there aren't many French words in Draco's letters as he really focusses on his English when writing, other than his spontaneous French words popping up when he speaks! And also don't get confused, if you perhaps forgot, but 'James' is Harry's pseudonym to keep Lucius from being the curious, Pureblood father that he is *sigh*.

I really hope you like this chapter written from Harry's perspective! It's not as intricate as Draco's always are, as I believe Harry doesn't over-detail things like Draco does.

C H A P T E R 1 1

My beloved James,

Ever since I returned home, I feel like things have changed. Papa has changed mostly, of course. My predictions have come true as well; we're staying at the Manor in England for the entire summer. It's cold here even though it's so warm outside and I can't help but hear my ancestor's souls whisper vile things to me. Perhaps they're all mad I'm in love with you, and not with a Pureblood girl like all of them were expecting.

Maman is holding together somehow, but she is frightened as well. We talk almost daily about the situation, about his return, and try to prepare ourselves for the worst. Papa has been visiting the Ministry more often than usual; my guess is that they are planning to do something there again, like they tried last time. I don't know much about it yet, as I avoid papa the most of all, but I'll keep you updated.

The house-elves are nice to me, though. They make delicious French dishes and bring me hot chocolate whenever the Manor's getting too cold. It's weird, don't you think, how it can be so cold here even though it's summer? Oh, wait. I told you that before in this letter, haven't I? Anyway, I hope you're not melting away in this extreme heat because I have a higher chance of turning into an ice sculpture.

Just know that I miss you a lot; your green eyes and that beautiful smile of yours. I promise I will try to visit soon, but I can't say exactly when. Perhaps next time when papa leaves the house on a trip to the Ministry; that way he won't notice it when I'm gone.

Yours truly,

Draco

☾ *:・゚✧

Dear Draco,

Little Whinging is indeed very hot; I don't know what the weather's like around that Manor of yours but the Dursleys their house is nowhere near a temperature to cool one down. I might eventually melt, indeed, must this weather last any longer.

I find it strange that I haven't received any letters from my friends beside from yours. Of course, I couldn't be happier to read your letters but I wonder why my friends aren't sending me any? Would someone be stealing them away from me? In second year there was this house-elf named Dobby that stole them from me, tried to keep me away from Hogwarts but I don't believe that's the cause this time. Would they be upset about something?

Dudley, my cousin if you remember my stories about him, has been mostly avoiding me this summer as he has become afraid of my magic. I haven't told anyone I'm not allowed to do magic outside of school; it's a great advantage when you live in a family like mine.

I really hope you can come visit me somewhere this summer. I can't really invite you in to meet my family; I think they would kick your right out. But we could go for a walk or just stay in my room; as long as they don't notice.

Also, I'm having these terrible nightmares about June's events almost every night; they haunt me out of my sleep and wake me up at strange hours. I believe I shout as well and I truly wish I could cast a silencing charm on my room to keep the Dursleys from grumbling at me in the morning.