14 - le château

C H A P T E R 1 4

Draco

Golden rays of sunlight had beamed upon the château of Beauxbatons, flowers had opened up and turned in their direction when he had come; demanding for his son to come home. Early morning it had been, Draco biting into a slice of toast when the blond man had stormed into the dining chamber. Purple had risen, facing black between blue; Madame had tried to reason with him in the aisle between the boys' and the girls' table, making Draco slowly fade away of embarrassment.

He had stood up, faced his father and taken him out of there; not wanting to cause a bigger scene than was already caused. Locks of silver, reminding him of what used to be his own swept from left to right as his father pulled him through the hallway — convincing Draco with words that hadn't held any meaning.

'But why, papa,' Draco had asked.

Silence — besides the whisper of a spring's breeze as they had left the chateau and stood outside its golden gates. Grey eyes alike to his staring; their gaze worried and frightened but determined at the same time. 'I know who James is, Draco,' had been the man's answer; irrelevant to what Draco truly wanted to know — but oh so important as well.

Feet had then ran away; Draco trying to escape from his father's claws and whatever the man wanted to do to keep him away from Harry — to hurt him. Knowing he had to inform his lover somehow, Draco had taken off and ran away from the gates of Beauxbatons. They had still been on the school's grounds — only a few feet away from a maze Draco found similar to the one Harry had faced last year. More feet had ran, as his father had followed him swiftly and called his name in an angry manner.

The wind had carried Draco's name to his ears, but his feet hadn't obeyed and had kept on running around hedges — with no plan nor goal in particular. A dead end; something he could've expected. It had been his downfall, the end. As the blond boy had fallen to his knees with his father only a corner away, he had felt lost and hopeless. There had been nothing left he could do — he would have to go home with the man he hated more than the Dark Lord himself.

A hand with long fingers, as pale as the moon at night had reached out for his shoulder. Silver strands of hair had touched Draco's face as he had looked up to the man in front of him; a sigh following from the very figure himself. 'We must return for we must obey his orders,' his father had said before pulling the golden medallion from Draco's neck.

Two hands with long fingers, as pale as the moon at night had reached out for what had been taken from him; but what would never be returned again. His father hid it in the inner pocket of his robes and hit his son's begging hands away. Tears of shining silver, reflecting gold in the sun's light had escaped from Draco's eyes. His Harry, his James — his lion was being taken away.

And he as well, as his father had apparated them away.

☾ *:・゚✧

The Manor had been cold, his mother's face grim as his father had dragged him into the house by the collar of his school's uniform. Another silence had fallen as they had stood in the entrance hall, three figures normally radiating love for each other now radiating pure hate — despise for one another and utter disappointment. 'You will go to your room and stay there,' his father had demanded. 'One of the house-elves will bring you something to eat.'

'Lucius, we can't lock him up like a prisoner,' his mother had interrupted. Draco had thought she had lost her voice, her ability to fight against the man she loved — but it had appeared to be different as she had opened her mouth to defend her son.