12 - le rose

C H A P T E R 1 2

Dear Draco,

You won't believe who's our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher; the pink toad-like woman from the Ministry! How am I supposed to avoid her, as you told me she was evil herself, when I have to take classes with her teaching at the front? Not to mention that her teaching his horrendous and she wants everyone to only read, not learn actual defense spells! It's unbelievable, am I right? She also doesn't believe that Voldemort has returned and it worries me that there are students whom believe her words instead of mine.

To go further on that topic; a lot of my friends and fellow Gryffindors don't believe me either. They all say I'm lying and that there's even a possibility that I killed Cedric myself. Can you believe that? I, James H. Dursley, am now seen as a murderer by whom who once called me their friend! I swear that if you were here, you would've hexed their trousers off already!

I also still haven't managed to get ahold of Dumbledore; he's been avoiding me ever since last year's events. Perhaps he's mad at me, or just too busy with more important things.

My letter will end here, as I have detention with that awful woman right now; all because she claimed I was lying about his rebirth. Her name is Umbridge, by the way, just so you know. I think the Ministry sent her as they want to keep a close eye on Dumbledore now that one of his students and he himself are claiming that the darkest Wizard of the century has returned.

I hope things are better at Beauxbatons.

With love,

James

☾ *:・゚✧

My beloved James,

It frightens me to hear that Umbridge is teaching at Hogwarts; even more that the Ministry has allowed her to. I hope she'll leave you alone in the future and that your friends will turn around as well; see their mistakes and see the truth for what it is. And if they don't, I'm sure they'll eventually learn it the hard way.

Things are indeed going better at Beauxbatons; it's all cheerful here, must I admit. Things are quite the same as they were before, and nobody really seems to be bothered by Voldemort's return. We all know that his main target is England, not France. Of course there's always a possibility that he will try to expand his territory once he has concurred the land of his dreams, but I believe that a certain someone will put ahold to his actions before he manages to do so.

I'm just glad to be back as well; even though I enjoyed my days in London with you. Ansel and André are also happy to have me back and keep telling me stories about last year's events; how they have pranked half the school and given one of our teachers teal-colored hair!

Fleur's not at Beauxbatons anymore; she's currently working in England, actually. She has always been interested in improving her English and has accepted a small job at that bank called Gringotts. I've already received quite some letters of her telling me about a handsome man named Bill Weasley. And yes, I mean Weasley as in your friend Ronald Weasley. It's a small world, a Non-Magique would say. Please keep it a secret to Ron as nothing is really official just yet. I'm not sure wether Fleur will stay working for that bank, though, as she has always dreamt of becoming a Healer. Perhaps she wants to be a doctor at St. Mungo's and therefore should improve her English first. Anyway, it doesn't really matter; just thought I'd inform you about her.

Tell me more stories about this Umbridge in your next letter; you made me curious to know more about her. Also, have you had any nightmares at Hogwarts again?