Ch. 8 - The Past

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                              |>/\<|=*=|>/\<|   

                                                          *** WARNING! ***

--- THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DOMESTIC AND TEEN VIOLENCE IF SUCH STORIES TRIGGER YOU SKIP THIS CHAPTER WHERE INDICATED. --- 

                                                               |>/\<|=*=|>/\<|

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He heard the door shut behind him.

She doesn't suspect a thing.

His mouth twisted into a wry smile.

He walked along the path back to the village.

He could feel her eyes on him.

Perfect. It's starting sooner than I'd hoped.

He remembered her. Every memory, smell, taste, touch, sound, and sight. The way her hair always smelled of the summer breeze. How she had tasted like the sweetest berries and cream. When she had brushed her hands alongside his, and how she had felt beneath him.

He recalled her sighs and screams. Even how she looked so frightened when -

He shook his head and continued walking, his smile turning into a disappointed frown. The pleasant and unpleasant thoughts melding together in his memory.

How could she just walk away from all of us like that? It wasn't right. It wasn't natural. She doesn't get to choose. I will for her.

He got lost in his thoughts as he journeyed back to the village. It took quite a few days to travel back. To the small little community found deep within the forest.

Benjamin and Alysa had grown up together. They had been best friends, they had gotten even closer; but that all changed the day she left. When Alysa had been given a choice - and she chose to leave.

While she knew her story where she left alone, without any support.

What she didn't know was Ben had been restrained. His family made him stay.

He had reached for her, a hopeless look in his eyes. How he had wanted to run after her.

"Alysa! Don't go!" He had cried. To this day he never knew - she hadn't heard him.

If I didn't get a choice back then, she shouldn't either.

He continued to brew and stir wondering what his father would say. His head jerked up and his eyes widened in fear, what would the rest of the village say?