Chapter 2

The following morning, Night woke up to see it was sunny. She looked out her window still in her bed. Night's gaze then went down to see her sheep plush laying down beside her. "Cloudy?", she said with a slight smile. "How did you get here?"
Night's gaze went to her room door. With Cloudy in hand, Night headed downstairs.
While on her way down, she could smell what smelled like pig and eggs. Once Night reached the kitchen, she was greeted by The Elders, who said "Good Morning, Night!"
They were working about the kitchen getting breakfast ready.
"Good Morning, Night", Light said, walking up to her with yeast rolls that were in a basket. "Good Morning, Dad."
"How about you have some rolls while breakfast is getting prepared, ok?"
"Sure", Night replied sitting at the table with the yeast roll basket.
"Good. Breakfast should be ready in a few." Light retreated back into the kitchen, leaving Night by herself while everyone else was working. Night placed Cloudy on the table next to her. She then folded her arms in front of herself then laid her head on them. She still was trying to get over what had happened last night and so, didn't feel like talking about it. After a while, Light emerged from the kitchen. "Night, breakfast's ready!"
Night lifted her head up.
Everyone was enjoying their breakfast, while outside, something lingered. The shadowy figure from last night was at the front doors of the castle. It slid under the door as it took dragon form. It then made its way to where everyone was. It stopped and looked at everyone as they did the same to it--everyone had stopped eating.
"Is that what Night saw last night?", Elder Flame asked, to no one in particular.
Night's eyes were wide open as well as practically everyone else's. The figure glowed then split up into six other figures. They then flew into all The Elder's bodies, except Light. They fell down one by one. Light's gaze turned to them.
"Oh no", he said under his breath.
Night walked up to The Elders. They didn't move. Then in-sync, they all twitched and got to their feet, only, they weren't the same. They were corrupted. The corrupted Elders turned their gaze to Night and Light. They started to step towards them. Light picked up Night around his arm and headed outside to get away from them. The Elders followed and took to the sky, all going into separate directions. Light landed by a pond, putting Night down. He looked up to the sky to see if The Elders were still following them. He didn't see anyone. He looked to Night.
"Night, are you ok?", he asked gently.
Night looked up to her father.
"What's going to happen to us? To them?" Light looked around to the sky.
"I don't know, baby", he said with a sigh.
He looked back down to Night.
"Let's go regroup."

   Night and Light returned to the castle. Light went up to his room. Night changed her pajamas into clothes that consisted of a white, short-sleeve top, a red, above the knees skirt and black, knee-length boots. She returned downstairs. In the kitchen, Cloudy was still on the table. Night walked up to him. She picked him up.
"Something has to be done, Cloudy," she said. "But what?"
Her gaze went to a window. Night got an idea. If anything was going to change, she, herself had to change—she had to muster up courage in herself and abilities. Night put Cloudy back down on the table then headed out the front door. She looked up to the sky and, hesitantly, took flight. Light was pacing around his room, thinking of solutions. He had concluded a plan. Light headed downstairs.
"Night?", he called out.
He went to the kitchen to see Cloudy was still there. He then started to panic. After realizing she wasn't in the castle after searching about, Light went outside and took flight, hoping to find her.