My best friend bf 2 (last part)

(A/N) If any expression doesn't make sense I'm sorry because in Spanish it does.

read what I wrote in the end it's important <3

"I'm going to leave" It's the first thing I say to Ethan when he sits next to me on the bench.

"What?" He asks confused."Don't tell me it's because of him." He says hoping to hear otherwise.

I remain silent and he has already realized why.

"Y/n don't-" He starts but I cut him off.

"Sorry Ethan but I can't take it anymore" I start saying frustrated."I can't stand seeing them together anymore and it hurts because I'm her best friend and I wouldn't have to put her through this but I-"

"Y/n breath"

"No Ethan listen to me" as I see that he remains silent, I continue "My plans before coming here were simple, me and Carol would live our lives and fulfill our dreams and then get married and have children" I smiled at the now stupid thought."But as soon as I arrived and ran into Grayson everything has been like a roller coaster" I sigh, I still don't believe myself."At first I tried to ignore my feelings for him but after what happened the night of the party it has been impossible"

"What happened" He asked scared of my answer.

It's been 2 months since the party and no one knows about it.

"We- um...we had sex." I said and for the first time out loud.

Ethan looked at me disappointed but didn't say anything.

"Everything was fine until Carol began to change her attitude with us" I said hurt."Since then he is always with her and ignores me, what if he used me Ethan oh my god he of course used me!" I started crying as soon as I finished the sentence."My best friend deserves a better boyfriend and friend thats why I have to leave Ethan"

"Listen my brother is not like that Y/n in my opinion I think he is acting this way because he is trying to figure out his feelings for you"

"Ethan I don't want you to make me change my mind" I can't take this anymore I don't want any signs that will make me stay I'm going to leave and no one is going to stop me.

"Why?"he asks me once again confused.

"Because it's the only way I can get on with my life"

I'm not telling Ethan everything, but yes enough.

Ethan seeing that the situation hurt me a lot, he hugged me while saying "when are you going to leave?"

"Tomorrow"

"It's too soon don't you think?"

"I have everything ready including the letter that I'm going to send to Carol when I am not here anymore"

"You will tell her everything by a letter?! that's not a good idea"

"Do you remember a few weeks ago how bad Carol had it when she thought Grayson didn't love her?"

"Of course I remember, she told me that Grayson no longer wanted to be with her"

"Now that they're in so good terms, I don't want to screw it up for them" I say honestly.

"So you're only going to tell her half of what happened?"Ethan says trying to understand everything.

"Yeah...after all it's Carol's happiness we're talking about".

"I'm going to give you some advice, It's okay for you to worry about Carol, she's your best friend after all, but what about you?" I don't say anything so he continues "you are responsible for your own happiness, If for you doing this will make you happy then go ahead do it"