Ch. 9 Fishing Trip pt. 2

Sunday morning came and it was the day that we went fishing with my dad. I couldn't wait, and since he didn't make us wake up at five this time, we had time to grab snacks and drinks before heading over to my parents house.

He called me during the week to remind me and I told him that I haven't forgot about it. There was no way that I could forget something like that when it c0mes to hanging out with him.

After we arrived at the house, I got out and looked around as dad was pulling his truck around the house with the boat attached to it. I smiled as he smiled then parked the truck, getting out.

"There's my pumpkin." He smiles as she approaches me then pulls me in a hug. "You ready?" He looks over at Tory. "Good morning, Tory."

She smiles as I heard mom walk out of the house. She went right to Tory before pulling her into a hug and I couldn't help but smile as I watched them for a moment until dad grabbed my attention.

"You got everything you need? We better get going before it gets too hot." He looks at his watch. "Not sure if it's supposed to be that hot today."

"I think the highest is supposed to be seventy, so I think we're ok." I smile as I follow him to the truck and placed everything in the backseat.

Shutting the door, I walk to the boat as dad was making sure he had everything. I saw bait, poles, and everything else you would find in a fishing boat. I honestly couldn't wait, I was so excited.

Walking around the boat, I saw Tory and mom talking for a moment until mom pulls Tory into a hug. She caught me watching her then smiles over at me. "Carter, sweetie!" I walk over to her and hug her. "How are you?"

"Good." I smile. "Are you coming with us this time?"

"Sweetie, you know I hate getting into those types of boats." She smiles at me. "Maybe when your father decides to take the big boat out, we can all go to the beach."

Smiling, I hugged her once more before walking over to my dads truck. I turn to see Tory and my mom talking once more before Tory walks over towards the truck.

I pull myself up then scoot over and allowed Tory to get into the front seat also. There was no way I was letting Tory sit in the back by herself, plus this truck has plenty of room in the front seat for three people.

Dad hops in then smiles at us. "All ready?" I nod as he started the engine then drove out of the driveway, getting onto the main road.

As my dad was driving, I look over at Tory as she was staring out the window. I smile at her as I knew this was going to be a great day. I really couldn't wait to show her how to fish and everything that's so fun about it.

"So, Tory?" Dad spoke, then looks over at her. "Have you ever been fishing?"

Looking over at Tory, she looks back at him then shakes her head. "No sir."

He smiles. "Well, looks like Carter and I will have to show you how it's done." He looks at me and smiles before nudging my arm. "Right, pumpkin?"

Seeing Tory smile at us, I smile back then look ahead at the road.

The drive there didn't take long. It was about twenty minutes, which was away from everything. It was nice and quiet and not many people come down here, which is always a good thing.

Thinking about it now, Kayla hasn't messaged me until Friday morning when she saw Tory and I in the Cafe.

Which doesn't bother me cause it keeps Tory from second guessing about what's going on between us.