Ch. 18 Therapy session

Tory decided to drive to the therapist. I asked her if she wanted me to drive, but she insisted that she would drive.

I think it helps calm her mind when she drives. I know she's thinking about a lot and whatever helps her, then I'm here for it.

Grabbing her hand, I smile at her when she looks over at me then back at the road. I sigh as I look out the window and wondered if this woman was going to help Tory.

I want her to get help and I know she wants help too. I can see that she hates feeling like this and constantly thinking about her past.

Thinking about all of this, I really wish she would have told me earlier in our relationship. I would have understood a lot more, but I understand why she didn't tell me.

She mentioned that she was trying not to think about it as we were starting our relationship. She said she didn't want me to see that side of her, but she also said that it was hard to do when those past thoughts would resurface.

After driving a few minutes, I look over at her as she was looking at the road. "Where exactly is it?" I ask. I look over at the GPS on the screen in the car then saw that we were pretty close to it.

"It's here in town." She glances at the screen then back at the road. "We're six minutes away."

It was pretty cool how a therapist was over here in town. I wasn't sure if it was a private little office or an office closer to the city.

When I did see that it was over here, I was a little surprised.

Looking out the window, Tory turns down a road and I lean up to look around. I noticed that it was a regular road and there were houses with kids playing outside.

I looked around some more and saw a few kids outside, along with a few women watching them and I noticed something when I looked around a little more..

I didn't see any men at all.

Unless they're inside or somewhere else, but I saw a little girl playing under a water hose and a two women outside with her watching her.

Then I saw another woman outside washing a motorcycle.

Down the road a little more, I saw a girl who looked to be in her teens, checking the mail but I swear I didn't see any guys on this road.

I look over at Tory as she was focused on driving, then I looked at the screen and saw the destination coming up but when I looked around some more, we were still surrounded by houses.

"Are we at the right place?"

Tory looks at me then at the screen. "It says we're almost there, so yeah."

"Did you type the address in right?"

"Yes. Why?"

I shrug before looking around some more. "It looks like a regular neighborhood." I look around before Tory started slowing down.

"This is the place." She spoke, which made me look at the screen then at the house we were pulling up at.

I looked up at the house then around at the other houses and noticed that this house looked a little older than the rest of them. It made me wonder how old this place was, cause every other house on the street was fairly newer.

We both got out and I looked around before walking with Tory to the front door. She knocked then we waited as I heard a car go by then a few kids down the road playing.

"I like this neighborhood." Tory spoke, which made me look at her. She was looking around then looks at me and smiles. "I noticed there were a few kids outside when we drove by."