Ch. 26 Help

"Where are we?"

I turn to Kayla then held my finger to my lips. "Shh."

Knocking on the door, I look around for a moment until I heard noises on the other side of the door. When the door opened, Jamie looks at me surprised before looking over at Kayla.

"Carter? What are you doing?"

I look over at Kayla before looking back at her. "We need your help."

She looks at Kayla then back at me before opening the door more and allowing us to walk in. I look around at how amazing this apartment was. It was super clean, smelled amazing and it was roomy.

It wasn't too small and everything was spaced out, which was cool.

"So, what's up?" Jamie asks as we sit down on a couch. She was sitting on the chair that was across the room, which didn't match anything else but it was cute.

I look over at Kayla, wondering if she wanted to tell her or if she wanted me to explain everything. I mean, this was her doing but maybe she didn't want to even tell Jamie cause she didn't want anyone knowing anyways.

Maybe I didn't mention that we were coming to Jamie for help, cause I knew she didn't want anyone knowing.

So maybe she won't kill me.

"We have a problem."

Jamie slowly nods before shifting her eyes to Kayla, before looking back at me. "What kind of problem?"

Looking at Kayla, I nod towards her. I needed to let her know that Jamie wouldn't say anything and she was going to help us.

"Tell her everything."

"What?" She looks at me then at Jamie. "I-"

"She can help." I reassured.

She looks at me for a moment before looking at Jamie. She sighs, which I knew this was going to be one hell of a story.

-

Tory's POV

I got a text from Carter, telling me that her and Kayla were going to pick some things up. She said she would be gone for a while, then apologized but I told her it was totally fine.

It gives me time to set everything up.

Right now, Maddie, me and mom were trying to figure out how I was going to propose to Carter.

I wanted it to be perfect, but not cliche.

It was hard cause it seems like everything else has already been done and I want to be able to pull something off that's unique.

Mom pulls me into a side hug before telling me how proud she was of me. I wasn't sure what she was proud for, but it felt good and I was starting to get a little emotional.

Maddie was helping us plan the proposal. I threw my ideas in there as well, telling them what I wanted and how I wanted it to be. I wanted it to be perfect but not cliche.

Mom decided that I should take Carter out to this lake that's located near town. Have a small picnic, lights and music with the water glistening in the moonlight.

It sounded amazing and I was all on board with the idea.

We went to different store and shops to pick out everything. I wasn't too sure when I was planning on doing this, but I honestly couldn't wait.

-

Sitting on the couch, Jamie was on the phone with her dad.

After we told her everything, she kept looking over at Kayla the whole time. I knew that she never really trusted her, plus all the other times Maddie or Tory would say they had a bad feeling towards her, I knew she was going to start asking questions about all kinds of shit.

Jamie never did though.

She was just a little caught off guard when I mentioned her dad and everything. I knew he was an ex mob boss, and if I remember correctly what she told me in high school;

She can get anyone to listen to her.

Jamie was our only hope at this point.

This shit is going to have us killed if we don't figure something out.

After Jamie was talking on the phone, she kept asking Kayla questions regarding Rico and the other people that we visited that night. She was asking her questions about where they were located, what's their last name and all kinds of things.

It was pretty cool watching her associate with her father on the other end of the phone.

She kept talking for another ten minutes until she finally hung up then looked at us. "Well.. problem is solves, ladies." She placed her phone in her pocket. "Next time, stay out of trouble."

Kayla was staring at her, not saying anything. I could tell she was caught off guard, but I knew Jamie would be able to come through for us.

"Wait.. how the hell did you.." Kayla was speechless and it was funny as hell.

Jamie shrugs with a smile on her face, knowing that what she did is top secret and she wasn't about to let everything spill from her mouth.

I had to thank Jamie a million times cause it saved us both. I knew Jamie would come through cause once a mob boss, always a mob boss.

I knew she had our backs.

"So.. how are you?" Jamie asks as Kayla steps outside for a moment.

I leaned back as Jamie was sitting on the chair, watching me. "I'm good. Just working and living life."

She smiles. "That's good. You need to come visit. We're off for a week soon and we can go do some shit, have fun and just goof around."

"Sounds amazing." I laughs.

"How is Tory?"

I smiled at the thought of her. "Good. As always."

She crossed her arms as she watched me. "When are you planning on proposing?"

Sighing, I leaned up then rubbed my temples. "I'm not sure. I haven't thought about the arrangements or anything like that." I looked at her. "It's a big commitment and-"

"Woah.." She stops me before looking at me. "you sure you wanna marry her?" She chuckles. "You sound like you're on the fence about spending the rest of your life with her."

"Of course I wanna marry her."

The door opens and Kayla walks back in, then my attention goes back to Jamie.

"Then what's holding you back?"

I made a motion with my hands. "Pressure. I need time to think about all the arrangements and I don't even know where to start."

"Ask your parents for help. They will love helping you and I know they're dying for you to get married already."

Kayla looks at us. "What are we talking about?"

"Carter proposing to Tory."

Kayla's eyes lit up as she looks at me. "Oh my gosh! Yes! Do it!"

Jamie laughs then claps. "Ok, I like this girl a little better now."

Shaking my head, I look at them both knowing that if I wanna propose to Tory, I'm going to need help.