Ch. 12 Wrong place, wrong time

I was nervous for Tory to officially meet Kayla. I knew that she didn't like her, and inviting her over where they can finally meet is a death wish that I was writing out.

But maybe once Tory meets Kayla, she will see that she's not a bad person and she's really cool.

Kayla needs friends and I want to be her friend.

After work, I came home and laid around. I just wanted to sit and not move one inch as I watched tv. I wanted to stay in this position for as long as possible.

I love working and sometimes it does get stressful and busy, but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoy it. I wanted to do this for years and I'm finally doing it, so I'm not going to let a little stress wear me out.

As I was watching tv, Piper was laying in my lap and I was rubbing her back. I heard my phone vibrate and I picked it up to see Kayla texting me.

Is Tory home yet?

Texting her back, I look at the time and saw that Tory would be here in about three minutes. I was a little nervous- more like a whole lot of nervousness running through my body.

Kayla and I agreed that I would tell Tory that I wanted them to meet, then she will come over and hopefully all goes well.

Piper leaned up and I saw her ears perk up as she was staring at something. I look in the direction she was looking and didn't see anything. I noticed that she was hearing something that I wasn't hearing.

"What is it?"

She got up and ran to the door before sitting down and staring up at the door. I get up and watch as she was staring, not moving or barking.

Then I heard noises outside the apartment, followed by the door handle moving and the door opened. I saw Tory walking in and I smiled as Piper ran around in circles, wagging her tail.

"Hey baby!" Tory leans down and pets Piper then kisses her head. "How are you?" She looks at me and smiles. "How are you?"

I nod as I watch her place a folder on the counter and her keys. "I'm good."

She walks over to me and kisses me before sighing. "I'm so glad to be home." She leans against the counter as she slips her shoes off.

I watch her for a moment as I take a deep breath. "I have a question."

"Ok." She walks over to the fridge and grabs a drink.

Watching her for a moment, I wait until she opens her drink then looks at me as she takes a sip. "I want you to meet Kayla."

She pulls the bottle from her lips and stares at me. I could hear my heart beating in my ears as I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. "Why?"

Taking a breath, I look at her. "Cause I want you to see how cool she is and-"

"No." She said, looking at me as she placed the bottle on the counter. "I don't want to meet her, Carter. I don't care about meeting her."

"Tory-"

She harshly grabs the bottle then walks past me, upstairs and out of sight. I stood there for a moment, now knowing what to do now or how to even react in this situation.

Walking upstairs, I heard her in the bedroom as I walked in. I saw her at her desk, looking at herself in the mirror before making eye contact with me as I stood in the doorway.

She turns around and looks at me before walking over to her dresser and pulling her shirt off, looking through the dresser and finding another shirt. I watch as she puts the other shirt off then unbuttons her jeans, slipping them off.