Chapter 1

"Corey, Alex, I'm heading out now!" I hopped to the door, slipping on my boots and pulling off a scarf from the coat hanger near the door. "I'll be back before dinner so don't don't stuff yourselves just yet!" I called, wrapping the scarf around my neck and hurrying out the door just as a laugh escaped Corey's mouth.

I adjusted my beanie and coat before walking down the pavement towards the restaurant just blocks away. When I finally crossed over, I hurried into the crowded building, paying my greetings to the customers and pushing into the kitchen.

"Morning, Sammy!" The chef waved cheerily as he chopped at the lettuce and tomatoes professionally. I waved back with a half-hearted smile and walked into the closet out back.

I grabbed my dark grey vest and maroon red tie, throwing them over the white button up shirt I wore at home. I brushed down the soft material of my vest and adjusted at my tie when soft hands took over and reformed the tie.

"How you holding up, Sam?" Ana asked softly, looking up at me with sympathized eyes and frowned lips. "I'm fine, Ana. You should head back to the bar." I sighed gloomily, pulling away from her hold and walking away.

My issues where something I liked do deal with alone. I appreciated the comfort of my friends and the worry of even the closest I have to family but what I didn't appreciate was burdening them with my troubles, even if they offered to help in the first place.

Pushing the thought to the back of my head, I did what I would always do when I'm in a sour mood and put up a fake smile. I grabbed a note pad and a pen on my way out and headed to the first table.

The table consisted of a woman with two loud boys by the ages of, probably, 6 and 10. I grinned softly when the woman sent me an appreciating smile and began taking her order.

My next table was one with two men. They seemed to be in a one-sided conversation while the other glanced around the restaurant with a glint in his eyes, but I could tell he was listening.

I pushed the uneasiness to the back of my mind and began walking over just as the man speaking began to rise. He slammed his fist on the table in front of the other before sneering and walking out of the restaurant.

"Love troubles too?" I whispered to myself, scoffing quietly before putting up my signature fake smile. "Hello, sir. What can I get for you today?"

The man didn't look older than 19 and the faint existence of a growing stubble made him look the age, maybe even a little younger. His brunette hair was a ruffled fluff, dipping into his dark blue eyes and forehead, and his eyes held a fierce and cold look that made shivers run down my spine.

My eyes unconsciously trailed down to his hand, laying on the table and swirling a tiny razor blade along his fingers. My brows furrowed as he continued, drawing little blood but keeping his eyes on me nevertheless.

I trailed my eyes back up to him and tried not to show my existing fear and worry. The eye contact remained still for silent moments but he didn't stop twirling the blade and deepened his cuts.

Instinctively, I placed my hand over his and jolted when that made him stop. He kept watching me as I quietly pulled out a handkerchief and wrapped it around his fingers after daringly taking the blade away.

"Y-You were hurting yourself-" I started but jumped in surprise when he rose up from his seat and towered down on me. His eyes stayed locked with mine for a few short moments before he walked off and out of the building.

I stared at the spot he was in seconds ago and ran a hand down my face. I glanced back at the drip of blood on the table and quickly wiped it away before any of our customers could see.

"This is not what I signed up for." I whispered to myself, shaking my head and attending to the rest of my day.

| Hello, Hello! Welcome to my new book : ). This is the first chapter -a little boring I know- and I'll have the next chapter up tonight ☺️for now, enjoy this chapter and tell me your thoughts! Is it bad till now? Good? Trash? |