Chapter 5

It took me two years to muster the courage to speak to Hermione again.

Of course, when I did, it was to insult her instead of confess my annoying feelings towards her.

I felt like a useless schoolboy, teasing the girl he fancied rather than simply asking her kindly to accompany him to Hogsmeade.

Days passed, and I couldn't seem to grasp anything kind to say to her.

It was easy to comment on how glorious she looked in her house colors at Quidditch matches - in my head .

Actually talking to her and complimenting her beauty, was much more difficult.

Blubbering Weasley and Potter were always flocking around her during the day.

I cared about Draco, I really did, but he was getting quite irritating.

He was obviously infatuated with both Potter and Hermione.

He was not taking it well.

"I don't understand, Pansy", he hissed at me over the bottle of firewhisky we were sharing,"why is it that I, want to pursue a romantic relationship with both of them?"

I shrugged and carefully ushered the spirits away from him - he was already hiccuping.

"I, am the Draco Malfoy, the heir to my lineage, and I wanna date a boy?"

"You like girls, too."

"Shut it, Pans."

"Sorry."

He slumped sideways onto the floor and curled into a fetol position.

"Can I be candid, Drake?"

"Of course."

"I reckon I may be a homosexual."

"Hm, and?"

"I fancy Granger."

I sighed and leaned back in a more relaxed manner.

"Join the club."

I sat up immediately, and approached his pitiful figure.

"Please, just let me have a shot, Draco, please."

Draco looked up at me with his pale eyes. It was the first time I saw empathy in his features, but it wouldn't be the last.

"You really fancy her?"

"Yes."

"You want to pursue her?"

"Yes."

"Pans, she's yours."

I jumped into his arms, smiling so wide the muscles of my face were sore. I let him go, but only when his pale face began to purple.

"Potter won't know what hit him."

I teased his ruffled self. His eyes were bulging and his face was tight. He slowly regained his normal color.

"Granger won't either."

I grinned, but quickly shrank back as he approached me, wiggling his fingers threateningly.

I am deathly ticklish, and Draco loves to take advantage of that.

"Run."

I fled, knowing he'd eventually catch me and tickle me into tears.