5- Long Distance

Becas POV
I was playing random notes on my guitar while Chloe and Amy went out to lunch. I had written a few songs for my album ever since me and Chloe started dating. I almost found the perfect melody when my phone went off. I glanced down at the color ID and saw that it was my work. I put my guitar down and answered the call.

"Beca Mitchell speaking what can I do for you today." I answered with a professional voice.

"Beca I feel like it's been ages since I've last talked to you." My manger Anna said through the phone.

"It's only been a week." I deadpanned. "So what's up?"

"We just got Beyoncé to agree to singing a duet with you!" Anna said excitedly.

    "Oh my god Beyoncé wants to sing with me!" I say practically shrieking.

     "I booked a plane for tomorrow morning. You will start the song the day after you land." Anna explained.

     "Wait tomorrow?" I say loosing my smile. "I still had another week off."

     "Yeah but that was before Beyoncé." Anna said. "You can use that week of vacation another time."

     "Okay I just need to deal with a few things here." I say sadly. "I'll see you tomorrow I guess..."

     "Great! See you then." Anna said before she hung up the phone.

     I stare at the blank screen for awhile. I just started dating Chloe but now I have to go back to LA. I would turn the offer down but this is fucking Beyoncé. I just need to tell Chloe but how? I then got an idea and grabbed my guitar and started playing around.
—————————————————
     I just finished recording the song before Chloe and Amy walked in the door.

     "Hey, Becs." Chloe said as she gave me a quick peck. "Are you working on a song?"

     "Yeah I just finished it actually." I say giving a half smile.

     "You okay Shawshank?" Amy asked once she noticed my strange behavior.

     "Actually Amy could you give us a second?" I asked turning over to her. Amy quickly left the room.

     "You're breaking up with me aren't you." Chloe said already on the brink of tears.

     "No! No god no." I said quickly. "It's just... I have to fly back to LA to record a song."

     "But I thought you had another week." Chloe said sadly.

     "I did but if I didn't go know I wouldn't have another chance." I say taking her hands.

     "Who are you recording with anyway?" Chloe asked pulling her hands away.

     "Beyoncé." I say quietly while looking down.

     "That's great but I still thought I had another week with you." Chloe said now sitting down on the bed.

     "So did I But this exactly why I wrote you a song for whenever you got lonely." I say with a shy smile. "I really hope you like it. I also recorded it so you can listen to it whenever."

Hey there, Chloe
What's it like in New York city?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes, you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear, it's true
Hey there, Chloe
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side
Oh, it's what you do to me
What you do to me