Green Ending: Self Care

(This is the true ending. Contains spoilers from The Fourth Closet.)

"So you can be soft." You smile gently at William Afton after his confession. "It is appreciated, but I must be there for Henry. It seems you have made up your mind anyways..." You hug yourself, feeling scorned. "I'll keep our relationship professional, for your sake. We can consider this final so I won't be a distraction for you anymore." You say the last word with a hint of finality, turning and heading out the office door.

"I did not dismiss you." William stood up abruptly with a sort of feverish intensity.

When you pause but do not turn back to face him, he makes short work of closing the distance between you both in a few strides of his long legs, looming over you and encasing you in a shadow from the only light being behind him. He kept his voice low as he whispered,

"I did make up my mind. I put your request into consideration and I have found you worthy. We can still be professional if that's what you wish, but in a different way. I could use a lab assistant with my experiments. You're precisely what I'm looking for." He tried to persuade you, leaving out the details that might deter you.

He dropped to one knee and extended a hand with a burning gaze boring into you. "Please, be my assistant and work will feel like a party every day. Forget about Henry. He couldn't understand the value of sacrifices for progress. You're smarter than him. We both are." He said firmly, thinking with contempt 'I will not lose to him.'

"Prove your brilliance right now and I'll never question your competence again." His eyes were so eager and longing as his hand hung midair, ready to grasp yours.

"You're right, I am smarter than him." You agree. "And that is precisely why I will decline. Good night, Mr. Afton." And with that, you walk out on him and push the door closed behind you.

William can hardly believe that he'd been rejected after his best performance and for the man he despised the most, no less. He's quickly on his feet and catches the door before it shuts, propping up against the door jam and tilting his chin upward after you condescendingly to call after you,

"You know, the police and the town think he did it. It was his own daughter who was murdered and it happened here at the pizzeria. Is it grief that drove him to insanity, or the guilt he cannot face? Would you still care about a murderer, I wonder?" He mused, watching you leave around the corner before his smug smirk faded to malice.

'You'll tire of him soon enough. His own wife and son couldn't stand him... If not, then I'll reunite him with his little girl. He wants to be with her more than anything, you know? More than you. If you get in my way, then you'll die with him.'

He stood up from leaning on the door frame with a self-satisfied smirk and moved toward a metal cabinet, throwing open the door to reveal a yellow bunny costume and pet the fur with a smile of relish, imagining soaking it with Henry's blood.

After the day is done, you quickly exit the store, avoiding William before he could try to catch you. He was too much of a snake oil salesman. Deep down you knew that if he kept talking, he'd eventually convince you. It was like his power over others.

You enjoy the cool breeze as you walk, whistling a soft tune as you turn down the overgrown drive and up the worn out steps.

"Henry! I'm back!" You call, giving an enthusiastic knock.

There is no response. Odd. He said he would be home and he would wait up. You hear a horrible sound from his garage nearby. The sound of metal scraping that gives you chills up your spine.