6. We Got Work To Do

The next day, Aizawa stood in front of his class of 19, one boy's left arm wrapped in bandages, and took a long sip of coffee. The students all looked at him intently, silent for once. He let out a sigh.

"Due to...recent events, Nezu thought it wise we go on a residential 'bonding trip'. The trip will be next month, nobody needs to worry about paying because this is a whole class activity, and the school is willing to pay for all of you. While there you will," He listed off what he and Nezu had discussed, including raft building, rock climbing and trust falls. "The camp is five days long and in school time, so you will still be doing work and training while there."

A few students groaned at the mention of work, hoping the trip would be an escape. Aizawa gave them a harsh glare before going back to talking about the trip. It would be in a forest, but had training facilities nearby.

Midoriya shifted in his seat uncomfortably, being 99 per cent sure that his fight with Bakugo was the reason this 'bonding trip' was happening. Bakugo hadn't talked to him, hadn't even looked at him after he had gotten out of the infirmity, and he couldn't help but feel like it was his fault.

He tried to ignore the feeling, telling himself that it couldn't be right, he didn't throw any punches. But still...

No. He couldn't think about that now, Ojiro had handed out the work and he had to get on with it. It was quite easy, but most of his classmates didn't agree, and Kaminari ended up begging for answers again.

Midoriya found out rather funny that Yaoyorozu now had the nickname 'Equipment Girl', because whenever someone needed a piece of equipment, she always seemed to have just the right thing at the top of her bag, or on her desk... Even if Midoriya could have sworn it hadn't been there a few seconds ago.

In fact, in the weeks leading up to the camp, everyone was getting the stupidest nicknames from each other in class. Aoyama got the very flattering nickname of 'Twinkle Toes', or 'Twink' for short, and Ashido was awarded the nickname 'Pinky' for her overly pink self. Sato had a strict no sugar diet, so Kaminari thought it would be hilarious to call him 'Sugar High', and Kirishima pointed out that Todoroki looked like a Christmas peppermint, so he found himself with the nickname 'Candy Cane'. He didn't argue against the name, but then again, he didn't say much at all, so Candy Cane stuck.

Also in the weeks before the camp, Iida had been appointed the role of clad representative. He hadn't originally, Midoriya being shocked to take on the role at first. After a stampede that was caused by a rumor at lunch time the day after they decided, which Iida promptly took care of in a calm manner, Midoriya had stepped down, and everyone agreed Iida would be good for the job instead. Yaoyorozu did look a little peeved, though.

Then, it was a day before the trip. The time seemed to have flown by, but Midoriya had packed what he knew he needed two weeks in advance. He stood at his front door, a different backpack to his usual yellow one slung over his shoulder, and a duffel bag full of clothes in his hand. His mum walked over to him, car keys in her hand.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? You know my number if not, right? Did you pack your toothbrush?" Inko checked anxiously, but Izuku only laughed at her worry.

"Mom, I'm going to be fine! And yes, I checked. Four times." It was his first time away from home without Inko, so he could understand her concern, but he was a growing boy! And the school insisted the entirety of the class, excluding Hagakure, go, for the 'bonding experiences'. Izuku still felt bad.

His mom drove him down to school, instead of letting him catch the train, because it was 5:30 in the morning. The drive to the place would take a few hours, so the whole class would be taking a coach. Iida and Midoriya had agreed to sit together, and Uraraka was sitting next to the girl who sat in front of her in class, who had long green hair, Asui, although she preferred to be called Tsu.