11. Into The Unknown

The police were glad to find the missing boy lying in a hospital bed. Even if he was arguing with his mother and there were five other children passed out on the beds beside him.

Bakugo's blood test showed he was okay to leave the hospital, no food poisoning or deadly diseases had gotten into his body while captured. He was allowed to leave the hospital as soon as his mother had finished talking to the police.

Antie Inko had come with Mitsuki, and was sitting next to Midoriya's bed. She'd been crying, but she always cried, so that didn't seem out of the ordinary. Maybe she was crying at her son's horrendous clothing.

The next week at school was eventful for Midoriya. Aizawa still wasn't out of the hospital so the class had a substitute teacher, who didn't teach them much. Midoriya, along with most of the class, looked forwards to FHS, because even if they weren't attacked on that scale again, it would still be good to know how to defend themselves.

Bakugo was welcomed back by a crying Kaminari, who launched himself at Bakugo but fell flat on the floor when the other boy stepped to the side and dodged. Ashido and Sero also greeted him back with excited smiles and hyper voices.

Midoriya went straight to Shoji to ask about his arm, commenting on how realistic it looked. Shoji nodded, vaguely explaining how the arm worked. Suddenly, he became deadly serious, like he'd remembered something, and told Midoriya to meet him at lunch so they could talk. Before Midoriya could ask why, the bell rang and everyone got into their seats.

So the lessons passed until everyone was dismissed for lunch, Midoriya unable to give them his full attention, much to Kaminari and Iida's dismay (for opposite reasons, of course). As soon as lunch started, Midoriya excused himself from Iida and Uraraka to find Shoji. Once he did, the taller boy led them to a part of school he hadn't even visited before, and into an empty classroom.

"Shoji, why did you want to talk?" Midoriya asked, head tilted sideways slightly, sitting on a desk. Shoji sighed, lifting his realistic arm.

"This isn't a fake arm." He said, pausing to let that information settle in.

"... What?"

"Don't get me wrong, my arm burnt off, but the doctors didn't give me a new arm. I didn't even go to the hospital."

"Then... What-? How? It regenerated?!" Midoriya stumbled over his words. He was so confused.

"Not exactly... My, er, my arm in the first place wasn't my original arm. I would show you but I don't particularly want to take off my shirt. I have six arms, three on either side, that look kind of like webbed fingers. The hand on the end of each arm can change at my will to any human appendage, so I technically grew an arm." He paused again to let Midoriya digest the strange information.

"I see... Why are you telling me this?"

"Remember how to get to Uraraka and then to Todoroki and Bakugo, you moved the fire? I could see you knew how to do that already... You have an inhuman power, and so do I... Now that I think about it, so did Bakugo, that explosion came from nowhere..."

"So that's why you wear a baggy shirt!" Midoriya exclaimed, snapping his fingers like he'd solved an impossible equation.

"Yes...?"

"This is going to be a massive shot in the dark, but if you do, then do you think the others who wear baggy clothing could also potentially have some sort of mutation? Not that that's a bad thing, but--"

"It's okay, Midoriya. It seems really weird though. Nineteen students, and three already have strange powers, potentially more?"

Midoriya tapped his chin. "You're right... But I don't think it's just the ones with baggy clothing. Kacchan and I don't have anything physically different from your standard human male body. What about Yaoyorozu? She seems to pull stuff out of nowhere. Like the other day, she gave me a flashlight, and she didn't have any pockets! She had nowhere to hold it! But there was a good fifteen centimetre flashlight in my hand when I asked for one."