10. Feast Or Famine

As soon as Bakugo woke up, still restrained and gagged, he was met with what he always was, kidnapped or not. Shouting.

While it would usually be the old hag yelling at him to get up, for the past week and a bit it had been mainly two of his kidnappers, or the 'League of Villains' as they called their organisation. The two League members, Shigiraki and Dabi, liked getting into shouting matches often from what he had learnt.

As he slowly woke up, he started hearing what they were arguing about this time. Something small and insignificant probably, like who had burnt the food or hadn't cleaned a shot glass properly (because of course the villains secret lair was in a bar).

Toga and Twice sat to the side, listening intently like Shigiraki wasn't scratching his neck so hard the scabs were starting to open and bleed again. Bakugo scrunched his nose in disgust.

Magne and Mr Compress were chatting idly to the side, ignoring the commotion on the other side of the bar. Magne was touching up her lipstick while talking about who knows what, Mr Compress nodding.

No-one, not even Kurogiri because he was busy trying to placate the two young men, had noticed Bakugo shaking off his sleep, and for once, he didn't try to make a scene. Instead, he tried to remember his last week while he still had the peace of Toga not asking him a hundred questions a minute. She reminded him of Deku, a whiny piece of shit.

He hadn't cried once, because boys don't cry. He watched a movie with the same title a few years ago, but he couldn't remember what it was about because he thought it was too boring to pay attention to. He thought it would be all manly, but he zoned out the second the love interest was introduced. True story be damned, if it was a romance, it was boring.

He had put up a fight almost every second, refusing to eat the first few days, and biting the ones who got too close when he did on the fourth day. Whatever they were using to bind his hand was working well, much to his own dismay.

But he was determined to make it out by himself. The League had been trying to sway him to their side, telling him that everyone else would leave when they found out about his powers, but a few of the League members had powers of their own. One of them was Kurogiri, which made him able to create portals, but affected his outwards appearance. Bakugo was lucky he didn't have any physical mutations he supposed, hiding those would be a lot harder.

But that didn't make him want to become a League member. His parents hadn't kicked him out or killed him, so they had to care, even with his shitty attitude all the time. He was just very stressed about trying to hide it, and they understood. That spar with shitty Deku had been close, and Aizawa had warned him afterwards not to interfere with anything the other boy was doing, seemingly turning a blind eye on how the arm had burnt.

Talking about Midoriya, he would probably be worried sick, even though Bakugo didn't want that worry. Why the younger boy thought he had the right to look down and pity his childhood friend, Bakugo wouldn't want to know. He was just fine, and he would escape, and take down the League of Villains.

Suddenly, Dabi's voice cut through his thoughts.

"You're just salty that I have a power, and such a cool one, one that could kill you instantly. And you. Don't." The whole room stopped breathing. If there was one thing Bakugo had learnt, it was that Shigaraki was insecure about not having a power, even if he was the leader of the League.

"Shut the fuck up. You came to us. All of us were rejected by society in one way or another, and you are no better than me--"

"But I am."

"For God's sake! You came to us, and if it weren't for Kurogiri, you'd still be on the streets. I hate you're power. I hate Compress' power. I hate Kurogiri's power. I hate all 'superpowers'! It's some fucking power's fault I'm here in the first place. You think I wanted to be here? You think I wouldn't have rather had a cozy fucking office job rather than baby sitting you fucks? But no. My entire family was destroyed and the cops did bullshit about it. I was left here and Kurogiri picked me up, off my knees and started this. If you think you're so much better than us, go back to the pampered life you had before. At least your mother and father are still alive!" Shigaraki spat out, finishing by shouting. He had to be held back by Kurogiri as Toga looked around for a different subject to stop the madness, her eyes falling on Bakugo, realising he was awake.