Chapter 11 || Jealousy

"Good morning," (y/n) called out as she exited the house, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She jogged over to where Kenma and Kuroo were standing on the sidewalk. 

"Good morning," Kenma replied, his gaze flickering from his gaming console to (y/n). While going to the arcade was fun, nothing could beat the games he had at home. Kenma didn't get to play last night though because he knocked out the second his body hit the bed. 

"Good morning~" (y/n) scrunched her nose a Kuroo's tone. 

"Hey what's with that expression?" Kuroo feigned hurt. (y/n) rolled her eyes. "Hmm, I wonder why Mr.Stalker." 

"Kenma," Kuroo gasped. "You sold me out." 

"Obviously," the boy retorted, not looking up from his game. He furrowed his eyebrows as his character took another hit, his health depleting rapidly. 

"Ah well...(l/n)-chan, you're not too mad, right?" Kuroo laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

(y/n) crossed her arms and she shot Kuroo a look. She couldn't be too mad. After all, the only reason why Kenma was able to work up the courage to ask her out was because they followed her. The end result was good, great in fact, but that didn't mean she had to like the process. 

She knew Kenma didn't have a say in the decision. Kuroo would drag him anywhere. Kenma also told her how Yaku scolded Kuroo (even though it was partially Yaku's fault since he told Kuroo that they were shopping together and mentioned their location) so (y/n) didn't feel the need to scold him a second time. 

It didn't mean that she couldn't dislike it though. Kenma already apologized numerous times. (y/n) figured that it must've been bothering him the whole time. He had a big frown in his face while explaining and his eyes kept darting around, almost like he couldn't bring himself to look at her. She wasn't mad at Kenma, she couldn't be mad at him, not when he looked so guilty. 

(y/n) of course, felt embarrassed. She has yet to tell Kenma that she likes him to his face. She knows the feeling is mutual, otherwise why else would Kenma ask her out? He hasn't directly confessed his feelings either. It wasn't that they didn't want to, they just didn't feel the need to. (y/n) admits that it would be nice to hear Kenma say he likes her, but it wasn't like she was going to force him to say it, and she knew he wouldn't ask her either. 

"I'm not mad." (y/n) rolled her eyes. 

"Such an obvious lie." Kuroo sweatdropped, the amount of sass (y/n) was giving him was insane.

The trio fell into a single file line as they entered the train station. They weaved their way around with Kuroo in the lead. He was the tallest so it made sense that he was first. He easily towered over everyone else so he had no problem navigating through the crowd. 

They all sighed as they saw how full the train was. They were packed like sardines in there. Mondays were always hectic.  

Squeezing their way into the train, (y/n) leaned against the side as Kuroo and Kenma tried to blocker her off from others as best as they could. (y/n) was grateful she had Kuroo and Kenma to protect her on the train. She went to school on her own for the first two weeks, having not been close to the duo yet, and her experiences were...memorable to say the least.

In all of her 17 years of living in Tokyo, (y/n) has not once been on the train during rush hour, that is until she started school. Her first experience was quite shocking. She didn't board the first train because it was so full, and she figured that the second train would be different. She was wrong. The second train was the same as the first and while she wanted to wait for the next one, she couldn't or else she would be late for school.