Chapter 14 || Underneath the Moonlight

(y/n) didn't understand how people could have such huge appetites. She thought the boys were just hungry because they've been practicing the whole day. While that could be used as a plausible explanation, (y/n) just didn't understand how so much food could fit into their bodies.

At least Kenma was normal or at least he was supposed to be normal, but his appetite seemed to be on the small side compared to everyone else'.

(y/n) shuddered at the thought of Nishinoya's rice bowl, the rice piled high enough to cover his head while sitting down. His metabolism must be amazing if he could maintain his weight after eating all that food. 

What really impressed her though, was Yukie's appetite. The petite girl never seemed to get full and (y/n) was starting to think that having Yukie help out with the food was not such a good idea. She always tried to sneak a bite or two, or maybe three or four, or five....or more, while preparing the food and even when they were setting it out for the boys to eat. There was no doubt in (y/n)'s mind that Yukie would be able to finish all the food they were preparing for the night.

"Yukie-chan, don't eat the potatoes!" (y/n) scolded as she saw the second year Fukurodani manager pop a slice in her mouth.

"Hai (y/n)-chan~" The girl hummed as she ate another. (y/n) shook her head at the girl but she didn't hide the smile on her face. As expected of Fukurodani's glutton. 

"(l/n)-senpai, did I cut these correctly?" Yachi stuttered out, holding out her cutting board to the said girl. (y/n) told the manager multiple times to call her by her first name but Yachi insisted on calling her (l/n)-senpai, saying that she just didn't have it in her to address an upperclassman so informally. 

(y/n) smiled and pat the girl's head, causing her to brighten up. "Yes Yacchan, good job."

(y/n) heard the familiar text tone from the counter. With her hands full, (y/n) asked if one of the managers could check who texted her. 

"It's Kozume-san," Kiyoko called out, (y/n)'s phone in her hand. "He said Kuroo-san hid his gaming console. He's asking if you know where it is."

"Ah," (y/n) sighed out. She thought it would be something more important. 

"You don't have to bring my phone here Kiyoko-chan," (y/n) waved her hand, forgetting to put down the knife as she was doing so and earning a shriek from Yachi. "I'll just reply later, he'll probably find it soon anyways." 

"Are you sure it's okay to ignore your boyfriend though (y/n)-chan?" Yukie asked, covering her mouth to hide the smirk behind it. 

"Yeah it's fine, he-" (y/n) cut herself off, eye's widening once she fully processed what Yukie said. "Wait no-"

"Boyfriend?!" Kaori gasped, jaw hanging open in disbelief. "And you didn't tell us?" 

"Well-" 

"You're finally dating Kozume-san, (y/n)? Congratulations." Kiyoko smiled, gently placing the girl's phone down on the counter. She saw the heart next to Kenma's contact name but she didn't know if bringing it up would make (y/n) uncomfortable so she decided against doing it. The girl probably forgot it was there when she asked someone to check her phone. 

"F-finally? What do you-" 

"How long have you been dating?" Ubuwaga's manager, Miyanoshita Eri, asked, cupping her cheeks with her hands as she rested her elbows on the counter. She had an innocent smile on her face but everyone could see the mischievous glint in her eyes. 

"That's cute (y/n)-chan, I thought something was going on. I'd always see him staring at you when you weren't looking," Shinzen's manager, Otaki Mako, added as she finished washing the dishes. She quickly wiped her hands on a towel and made her way over to where the rest were.