Chapter 3

Asuna

As I walked deeper into the forest, the moon shone an unusual and creepy light over everything. I felt a burst of excitement that made me want to go on an adventure and discover new things. I wanted to rebel against the strict rules of school and escape the pressure to meet certain expectations.

I didn't know it, but Professor Tristan was watching me the whole time from behind the plants. He followed me quietly when I went out at night. He thought it was brave of me and was interested in the special energy I had.

As I walked farther, I heard a sound in the bushes that made my heart race. I felt scared and thrilled at the same time, making me more aware of my surroundings. Suddenly a hand grabbed me and yanked me away from danger.

I was shocked and open-mouthed when I saw Tristan in front of me. I didn't expect him to be there, and when his hand was around my waist, it gave me chills. Without thinking, I reached for my wand to protect myself.

"Easy there, Asuna," he whispered softly in the dark. ''I won't hurt you.''

I felt confused and unsure as I looked at him cautiously. ''What are you doing here. Were you following after me.''

He let go of me and looked worried. "No, I wasn't following you. I sensed danger and came to investigate. It seems my instincts were correct," he said.

I looked around and didn't breathe for a moment when I realized how dangerous the situation was. Suddenly, a scary creature with long teeth attacked us with sharpened teeth and claws.

Tristan quickly did something. Suddenly, he used magic to make a shield to protect us from the scary creature. There was a big fight with magic in the forest, and everything felt tense and quiet.

I felt my heartbeat quickly as I watched him. He moved smoothly and with strength. He fought beautifully and accurately, and every spell he cast was exactly what he wanted. He was very strong and in control, and I was amazed and curious about how powerful he really was. Eventually, a loud noise put an end to the creature. The forest became very quiet, and the only sound was our loud breathing. With an expression of concern, Prince Tristan gazed at me, displaying signs of feeling uncertain.

"Why did you come here by yourself, Asuna. " He asked gently but with a hint of annoyance. "You could have been really injured. "

I was confused and had a difficult time understanding how much he cared. "I wanted to get out of school," I said quietly. My desire was to experience a sense of unrestricted freedom.

''I know it might feel good to go against the rules but remember that the world can be tough if you do. My job is to keep you safe, even if we don't agree.'' A range of emotions overwhelmed me simultaneously - gratitude for his protection, frustration with his interference, and a strong physical attraction towards him. I stared into his eyes, trying to find answers but instead saw my own struggle inside me.

"I just met you, your highness," I said softly, feeling scared. ''Why do you bother so much.''

He looked at me and his lips moved a little, as if he was smiling. ''Someone recognizes me finally, Asuna.'' he whispered and smiled wickedly.

''Fate has a peculiar way of intertwining lives. Our connection may be unexpected, but it is undeniable. There is a reason our paths have crossed."

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Cut the crap, sir, about the fate thing; you don't seem like someone who would believe in fate, blah blah." I mocked him, which surprised him.

"You know it, but I care about the academy's reputation. If something happens to one of your students, it's our duty to take care of them."

I struggled to comprehend his words, the weight of their meaning sinking in. In that moment, as the moon illuminated the tangled web of our destinies, I realized that our journey together would be anything but ordinary. I had to bear with him for I don't know how many years.

"So hear me attentively miss Asuna I'm a mentor in this academy and rules goes by me and if anyone who is a student who disobeys will go to the dungeon for months without your electronic device and without food, if i know you just arrived here and you're new it would be so easy to throw you there right now'' he barked like a dog in front of me, this motherfucker was getting on my nerves.

I swallowed my saliva with a hint of fear, i was trying to get a grip of myself but i couldn't not after i witnessed a stupid creature attacking me.  I shoved all those thoughts aside and looked straight into his silver eyes. ''Yes sir, I understand '' he  possessed an undeniable aura of regality and power. With his tall and commanding stature, he exuded confidence and authority. His striking features were chiseled, his strong jawline accentuated by a hint of stubble. His long hair near his neck was covering half of his piercing eyes, the color of deep  silver white, held a depth of wisdom and intensity that seemed to peer into one's very soul. Talking about eyes colour it's so weird.

He was dressed in impeccably tailored suit that hinted at his noble lineage, he moved with a grace and poise befitting his status as both a prince and a mage of exceptional skill. Tristan's presence alone commanded attention, making it clear that he was a force to be reckoned with in both the world of magic and beyond.

"That's good to hear Miss Asuna now get back to your room" he ordered me as if i was his puppet but whatever he's a dick.

He followed me back to my room to make sure I was safe even though i refused, but who knows what he was doing.