Chapter 3: Welcome to Bellingham

Karmen: Hello, everyone! I hope you enjoy this new chapter!

After Bang, Cardo, and Lucienne left her apartment building, the three approached a black luxury sedan in front of the apartment building.

Bang whistles at the sight of the beautiful vehicle. "Damn, bro. What model is this?" He asked curiously.

"2016 Maserati Ghibli SQ4," Cardo answered as he pulls out his car keys from his pocket, unlocking the car doors by pressing a button and automatically opening the driver's seat door for him.

As Cardo went into the driver's seat, Lucienne looks at Bang. "You know stuff about cars?" She asked as Bang shook his head.

"Nope."

Bang went into the front passenger's seat as Lucienne sat in the back. After they all buckled up, Cardo started the vehicle and began driving to their destination: Bellingham.

~~~

After an hour and a half later, the trio arrived in the coastal city of Washington State.

"I've never been here before," Lucienne said as she looked out the car window, watching the buildings pass by. "I've never been outside of Seattle before."

"Really?" Bang asked in surprise. "Never thought about flying outside of the city?"

Lucienne narrows her eyes at the older boy. "Well, first off: I'm still learning to fly, and secondly: I never thought about leaving the city."

"Not even once?" Cardo asked her.

Lucienne shook her head. "I don't know why. Seattle is such a shitty place; I should be thinking about leaving..." she paused before sighing. "... but, for some reason, I feel like I need to stay. Like I have some duty or something."

"Bang's heroics are really rubbing off on you, huh?" Cardo chuckled softly. "You should stop being around him. He's a bad influence."

"He~~~y," Bang pouted at his brother. "Says the guy who wears a mask and hoodie, going out at night to beat the hell out of street punks."

"At least I'm not getting involved with the government."

Lucienne groans loudly at the two brothers. "Shut up, you're both bad influences," she narrows her eyes at them. "Cardo, you caused my boyfriend's death, making me want to take revenge on you, and Bang, you encouraged me to use my powers more, knowing that would get me in trouble."

The two boys fell silent, not talking for the rest of the ride.

~~~

Later, they arrived at a motel. Cardo parked the car in the empty parking lot before exiting the vehicle. Bang and Lucienne looked at the motel, noticing the dingy, unattractiveness of the building.

"Cardo..." Lucienne looked at Cardo with a revolted look. "I don't wanna sound ungrateful, but... aren't you a billionaire? Aren't there any nicer places you could rent out or even just buy?!"

"All the hotels are in the city are full to the max, leaving hell holes like this left," The seventeen-year-old boy said with a shrug. "And besides..." he paused to crack his knuckles. "I need to relieve some stress."

"You really need to relieve stress without the use of violence." Bang sighed.

The three decided to approach the motel and entered one of the rooms. The room inside looked like a disaster—like a robbery took place in it. The beds were a mess and had strange stains on them. There was also a hole in the wall. The trio heard a squeaking noise, making a shiver go down the Asian teen's spine.

"D-Did you guys hear something?" Lucienne asked, shuddering from the noise.

"Probably a mouse," Cardo said bluntly.

"A-A mouse?!" Lucienne exclaimed.

"Come o~n, it's just a mouse," Bang chuckles as he rests his hand on the wall. "Ain't that scar—"

The eldest one in the room stopped as he felt something crawling on his hand. Bang turned to look at the hand he placed on the wall, seeing a big cockroach crawling on his hand. His face went cold as he immediately teleported away. The cockroach fell to the floor. When he disappeared.

Lucienne looked at where Bang once stood with disbelief. "That hypocritical son of a bitch..." she muttered before looking at Cardo. "At least you aren't pathetic."

"I have my fair share of fears," Cardo replied to her.

Lucienne was surprised to hear this, crossing her arms at him. "Seriously? And what is the Dark Hood so afraid of?"

"Elderly women," Cardo answered blatantly.

The two seventeen-year-olds stared at each other in awkward silence until Lucienne puts a hand on Cardo's shoulder.

"I'm sorry..."

~~~

They decided to stay somewhere else. Luckily, there was one room left open in a hotel after someone checked out. The three stood in an elevator as it went up.

"Why do I have to dress like this?" Bang asked the two as he was wearing a cobalt blue trench coat, sunglasses, and a face mask.

"You're the one who is wanted by the CIA, brother," Cardo sighed.

"But do I really have to wear something so suspicious?"

"There was nothing else to conceal your identity," Lucienne said as she smiled a bit at Bang. "And besides, at least no one can see your face."

Bang groans and shook his head. The elevator finally stopped at the floor where their room is at. When the elevator doors opened, the three saw an Asian girl the same age as Cardo and Lucienne, but shorter than the two. She wore a neon blue and black steampunk-styled coat who rushed into the elevator.

"Ground floor, please!" The teenage Asian girl shouted as Bang, Cardo, and Lucienne exit the elevator. They look at the girl who kept pressing the ground floor button before the elevator doors closed.

The trio all had raised brows, confused by the random teenage girl they bumped into.

"Any idea what that was about?" Bang asked.

"Who cares? We're here for the lurkers, not some random girl." Cardo said before walking down the hallway to find their room. Lucienne followed Cardo, leaving Bang, who just stared at the elevator.

"Bang, you coming?!" Lucienne shouted at him.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Bang turned around and walked towards Cardo and Lucienne, turning his head back one more time at the elevator, wondering why that girl was in such a rush.