Chapter 3

May 26th

Annabeth liked to keep busy. This weekend was no different. By that evening she'd completed the to-do list for the day, filmed and edited an extra video with Piper to save for when she wanted a day off, been for a run and written another blog post.

"I think I might livestream." Annabeth said aloud.

Piper scoffed. "As if you've not put enough content out already this week. Give yourself a breather, you work to hard." She snatched the toast out of Annabeth's hand and took a bite before handing it back.

"I enjoy it, and my followers do to. No harm done." She defended herself, scowling at the missing chunk of her toast and then at Piper.

With no come back, Piper shrugged and stole another bite of her toast to spite her. Annabeth flipped her off and moved to her room to film.

Her laptop camera was hardly top quality but it was easier than using her phone, especially for casual livestreams like this. Annabeth snapped a quick selfie on her instagram with the caption 'live on my YT now ;)' and posted it to her story before starting the stream. People started to appear while she got comfy, leaving comments and emojis like nobody's business. She smiled, grateful that her fans are so positive.

"Hi, everyone." She greeted, readjusting her ring light to get rid of the shadow across her face. "Honestly, I don't know what I'm gonna do here, but I felt like streaming, so let's just sit and chat."

The hardest part about sharing unedited content, besides the fact that Annabeth could waffle utter nonsense for the better part of the night, was the need for her to keep her emotions in check. If she spotted a particularly nasty comment or personal question, she had a job trying to redirect her attention and once or twice she had almost wanted to end the stream to save herself some dignity. It kept her on her toes though, which was something she enjoyed.

"Go ahead and ask questions or suggest some things I could do, I kinda wanna prank Piper but you guys know how bad I am at that after last time."

Piper yells something from her room next door and Annabeth decides that she ought to drop her neighbors some cookies as a thank you for not making a noise complaint yet.

Annabeth skim reads the comments.

annabeepipes i love your sweater!!

lunalablover99 how are you????

chasesace_xo did i hear piper hehe

"Yeah, that's Pipes causin' trouble." Annabeth giggled.

lillymayellisxx have you seen???

halfchasefan did you see the tweet oml

jasperchase12 i'm so happy for you!! plz tell me you've seen it

She frowned to the camera. "What are you on about? What haven't I seen?" Her laptop lags from all the comments that appear. Annabeth picks up her phone and heads to twitter as per her followers instructions.

Percy (@ percyjackson18)
Some genuine talent right here, made my day ;)
@ absoluteannabeth

And there, right below his tweet, is a retweet of someone who posted her singing video.

"Oh my god," Annabeth grins at her laptop. "Is this real? What's happening?"

Piper stands in the doorway, phone in hand just incase Annabeth didn't already know.

"What's happening is your celeb crush tagged you in your fans tweet so you'd know he thinks you're talented." She smirked.

Annabeth cursed all the comments that picked up on her blush. "He's not my celeb crush."