Prologue

"You need to pay more attention to the clan," a cream she-cat mewed to a dark tom, who carried a thrush in his jaws.

The dark tom shook his head. "The time for a new deputy is soon," he growled. "I shall be the new deputy."

"You haven't trained an apprentice yet," the she-cat mewed. "Your methods of leading is harsh and against the warrior code."

"I know, Petalstorm," he mewed, pacing around excitedly. "Maybe one of our kits will be leader if I can't be."

Petalstorm turned to him with a pleading look. "I want our kits to be warriors that the clan is proud of, not an enemy. Please, Darkthorn, you need to stop."

Darkthorn opened his mouth in protest. "But..." he stopped when his mate fell. "My kits are coming!" she screeched.

He dropped his prey and carried her to the camp, where Shadowfur immediately tended to Petalstorm.

Rainstep came with a stick and gave it to her apprentice. Petalstorm bit on it as a single black tom came out.

"Is that all?" Darkthorn asked nervously.

Shadowfur nodded as the kit cuddled up to Petalstorm. "I'm okay," she purred, licking her only kit. She looked at her mate and mewed, "You name the tom."

Darkthorn was shocked and surprised but he replied, "His name will be Nightkit." Petalstorm purred approvingly. "It fits him well. I hope he will be a great warrior one day."

"Petalstorm," Darkthorn mewed. "I promise I will guide our kit to be the warrior that you always wanted him to be." She smiled.

However, the clan was unaware of a dark moving shape outside the camp, his eyes gleaming.

"We will rise once again, and take back what truly belongs to us. What fools. They think they could escape my wrath by running away to the forest. You managed to get away safely, but a new clan was left behind and crushed. It's time for revenge," the tom growled.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Here's the short prologue of the story.

;) Do you like it so far?