five.

Taehyung stood in front of the giant door for the second time, staring at the engraved letters. He sighed and knocked on the wood, waiting for the same voice to float from inside. When the silence stretched for more than a minute, Taehyung frowned, wondering if the room was empty. 

Right before Taehyung was about to turn around and look for Hoseok, Jeongguk called him in, his voice carrying a twinge of worry.

"There you are, finally. I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten frightened by me."

Taehyung scowled and walked in, readying himself for a long day of insults. Jeongguk was seated at his enormous desk, looking over a vanilla colored file. Taehyung set his boss's caramel macchiato down—he had asked Chaeyoung about that—and smiled sweetly.

"Oh, I have a black coffee on meeting days. Helps me stay awake."

Taehyung's eyes widened almost comically. 

Meeting?! What meeting?!

Jeongguk seemed to notice Taehyung's shock. He smirked and Taehyung could already hear the never-ending teasing.

"Don't tell me you forgot about the meeting today."

"I-I didn't—"

"What? Did you think I was going to spoon-feed you on your job?"

"Y-you never t-told m—"

"Yes I did, sweetheart. Check your email."

Trying not to blush at the nickname, Taehyung scanned over the email Jeongguk had sent him last night. He looked up to see the man trying to hold in his laughter.

"You should see your face right now, darling. What a show!"

Taehyung was too overcome with his thoughts to even register what Jeongguk had told him. He had memorize everything about Jeon Corporations' new project in exactly...

"What time is the meeting?"

"11:30, sharp."

Twenty minutes?!

Taehyung desperately looked around the office, until his eyes landed on the beige folder Jeongguk was looking at earlier. He walked over to it, opened it and began to read.

Jeongguk smirked at the boy's actions and made himself comfortable on one of the couches in the huge office, watching Taehyung's conflicted face furiously scanning every word in the file. 

- - -

Fifteen minutes passed and Taehyung snapped the file closed, gathering up the mess he had made in the desk. He pressed a button on the phone nestled underneath a lamp and spoke into it.

"Could I get a black coffee for Mr. Jeon, please?"

"Sure thing!"

Taehyung quickly thanked her and walked over to Jeongguk, who was busying himself with a loose thread on his dress pants. He softly tapped his shoulder.

"Are we ready, sir? The meeting starts in three minutes."

Jeongguk looked at him with a blank face for a second before a smirk slid onto it.

"Of course. Lead the way, sugar."

Taehyung clasped onto his files as he walked towards the conference room, Jeongguk following close behind, sipping his coffee. Taehyung ran over all the details of the new model in his head again, making sure nothing was forgotten. 

Behind him, Jeongguk was busy checking him out, noting the way he bit his lips when he was anxious. 

The way his eyes sparkled the prettiest honey brown when he was under sunlight.

How his long eyelashes kissed his cheeks every time he blinked.

How his soft silver locks fell around his temples, and his plump, pink lips—

What the hell am I thinking?! I'm a CEO, I don't have time for this!

Jeongguk shook his head, squeezing his eyes tight. When he opened them, Taehyung was holding the door for him, his free hand gesturing for him to enter. Jeongguk flashed another one of his smirks and walked inside, the smell of new furniture flooding his nose. 

The familiar environment of the long table surrounded by chairs, each filled with a member of the Board, sat well in Jeongguk's mind. He flashed a smile to the participants and took a seat at the head of the table.

Taehyung took his place standing next the CEO, placing the files neatly in front of him. His eyes scanned the table and locked gazes with Hoseok. He shot a smile at him and his hyung returned it, but it didn't escape the eye of a certain young man. 

He settled a soft smile on his face as the meeting began, starting off with the introductions of all the members. Soon, talk about the new model arose and Jeongguk looked at his would-be-secretary expectantly.

"Gentlemen, I would like to introduce Taehyung. He will take care of the presentation for today."

Jeongguk tossed a subtle smirk at the man standing behind him. Taehyung returned it and walked to the front of the room with confidence. His head was raised high as he faced the front, locking stares with Jeongguk. He flashed another smile before starting to speak.

"Jeon Corporations is taking a bold step towards the future, strengthening their new automobile chain across Busan. The new version of this car will include new and improved 360 cameras. 

"The customized performance lets you choose in between active air intake flaps, sport exhaust systems and even rear-wheel drive built into the dashboard..."

Taehyung laid out all of the information of the new model, smoothly transitioning through the presentation. He ended with applause from his audience, all of them satisfied from the in-depth meeting. He bowed and smiled, making his way back to a very shook Jeongguk.

"How... how did you—"

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Jeon. Guess I didn't piss my pants, did I?"

Jeongguk smiled to himself, adding another trait to the boy he had already started getting whipped for.

- - - - - -

oop—

taetae flexing his genius mind and leaving jk shook hehe

do y'all think I'm going too fast with jk already liking tae

well not really liking him... but who can resist our baby tiger 🐯

purple you my hearteus 💜

- cks