fourteen.

Jeongguk stared down Taehyung as he walked into his office. 

He kept his gaze down and stayed silent as always, dropping off the papers onto his desk and reporting the latest appointment, his face blank.

"You have a meeting with Park Co. today at 12, sir."

Jeongguk nodded and gestured with his hand that Taehyung could leave. The silver-haired boy tilted his head slightly and walked out, putting Jeongguk in more of a bad mood.

What the fuck was that? Did he just bow?

Jeongguk returned to his computer, sighing irritatedly. Taehyung was treating him like a war general as if he was obeying orders or something. A familiar smell wafted through his nose and he saw that Taehyung had left a black coffee with the papers since he had to talk with people today. He smiled, happy Taehyung at least remembered his tendencies from before he changed.

But, he still wouldn't let that make him forget how Taehyung had lied.

Jeongguk hated  lies, and anyone who lied to him. But he knew Taehyung wasn't doing this by his own free will.

Maybe that hickey...?

Is someone forcing him to avoid me...?

Whoever it was, he needed them to stop. He couldn't stand Taehyung far from him anymore. But how would he know?

Taehyung wouldn't say a word to him and he couldn't force it out of him. Then what would be the difference between them and him?

No, he needed a well thought-out plan. And he had until 12 today, to think of it.

- - -

Taehyung stood up from his desk at 11:45 and gathered what Jeongguk would need for the meeting. He was kind of getting the hand of avoiding Jeongguk. His heart hurt every time he had to, but his life was at stake. If those men got his hands on him, he wouldn't be able to live with himself, knowing he lost his first to a rape.

He was walking towards Jeongguk's office when Hoseok caught up to him, tapping his shoulder.

"Tae! How was that outing with Jeongguk?"

"Oh, I didn't go. I told him I was busy,"

Hoseok widened his eyes. He looked at Taehyung guiltily, a pout on his lips.

"I-I told him that you were free this weekend. When he called me..."

"What?! Oh, crap, he's gonna know I lied to him! He called you?"

"Yeah, he asked me what was wrong with you and how to get you to talk to him."

"So that's why he asked me to Euphoria. I love that place..."

"He really cares about you, Tae. Why don't you open up to him again?"

"I-I can't..."

Hoseok sighed and rubbed Taehyung's back in comforting circles. He loosened under his hyung's touch and took a deep breath. He wanted to tell Jeongguk that he wasn't doing this. But he couldn't. Not with Miyeon watching his every move.

- - -

Jeongguk positioned himself in front of his window, looking outside, waiting for Taehyung to knock on his door. He had his plan ready and was itching to put it into motion.