nine.

"Shit, I'm going to be late!"

Taehyung mumbled under his breath as he sped through the office, pressing the elevator button repeatedly. The scalding beverage in his hand burnt his palm as he finally reached Jeongguk's office.

He knocked softly, out of breath. He heard a soft hum from inside, indicating that he could come in.

"You look a bit winded, darling."

Taehyung pouted and set the cup and papers down on his desk, growing accustomed to his boss's remarks and names. He had to run around the building to gather everything Jeongguk needed for today when he arrived. And he arrived at the office only seven minutes early. 

But before he could pull his arm back, Jeongguk's hand swiftly shot out and grabbed Taehyung's wrist.

Taehyung gasped in surprise as Jeongguk stood up from his desk and inspected his red palm. 

"How did this happen?"

Taehyung looked down and when he figured out what his boss was so upset about, he softly giggled. Jeongguk stiffened at the heavenly sound.

"The coffee was hot, sir. Don't worry about me."

Jeongguk released his hand from his iron grip and brushed his hands down the front of his suit, pressing down the invisible wrinkles.

"Jeongguk."

"Hmm?"

"Call me Jeongguk, not sir. It sounds better."

Taehyung smiled his boxy smile again and nodded.

"Will do, but if you'll excuse me, I have to manage your schedule for the rest of this week."

Jeongguk nodded and returned to his desk, watching as his secretary exited his room. 

"What are you doing to me, Kim Taehyung?"

-

Another call made his phone erupt in the same annoying ringtone as it had for three hours now. Taehyung picked the phone from its cradle and greeted the caller.

Taehyung had Jeongguk's schedule for the month spread out on his computer screen, and pity grew in his stomach for his boss. The young man had so many responsibilities, piled onto him at such an early age. Taehyung wondered if he ever got time to do the things regular people his age did. 

"I'm sorry ma'am, but Mr. Jeon will only available in two months, can I book you for the 20th of January at 2:30?"

The lady agreed, thanked him and hung up. Taehyung sighed and slumped back in his chair, laying his head back.

"Tired already?"

"I thought you were busy as well, hyung."

Taehyung responded to the familiar voice, staying in his position. Hoseok chuckled and leaned against the door threshold.

"The project's done, it's just seasonal catch-up day for the Board."

"Oh, so I assume you and Yoongi made a good team?"

Taehyung raised his eyebrows and giggled at Hoseok's flushed complexion.

A ding sounded from Taehyung's computer and a notification popped up in the top right corner of his screen. 

Taehyung straightened opened up the email immediately, still slightly paranoid of the first incident of him not checking his inbox.

"What's this, a party?"

"Oh right, every time a new model is accepted by the Board, a large gathering is held for the clients and major stockholders to strike new deals and collaborations."

"Who's supposed to go?"

"There will be a list sent out soon after. If your name is on it, you're expected to show up."

Taehyung read over the announcement again. Jeongguk will probably be there, so maybe this is a good opportunity to find out more about him.

He blushed at the thought of seeing Jeongguk somewhere other than work. He grinned softly. Hoseok noticed and nudged his shoulder.

"What are so smiley about, TaeTae?"

Taehyung hid his tomato-red face in his hands, and Hoseok laughed, checking his watch.

"It's an early release this afternoon. You should get ready to leave."

"Oh, that's kind of random."

"No, there's always an early release the day of the parties."

"WHAT?!"

Taehyung screamed and Hoseok slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Quiet! What the hell, Tae?"

"The party's t-today?!"

"Oh yeah, it's pretty normal among the employees. It's common knowledge to know that a party follows the introduction of new projects. But I guess you..."

"Didn't know that."

Taehyung finished for him. Hoseok nodded and his smile faltered, only to immediately brighten again.

"But hey! You could still not be invited!"

Right on cue, another notification appeared on Taehyung's screen. Taehyung hurriedly clicked on it, knowing it contained the 'Invited' list and the key to his future, and immediately groaned.

Right at the top, just below Jeon Jeongguk's name, was Kim Taehyung written in bold letters, second to only one.

"Well, it's time to find your outfit, TaeTae."

- - - - - 

hello hello

hope u all are doing well 

stay safe and stay hydrated and don't do drugs 

bye bye my babies  👋

thank u for reading this crappy ff 

💜💜💜

- cks