Chapter 4: This is going no where.

Sakura has been in the hospital for three days.

Both her parents and sensei, dead or not, visited her countlessly whereas her mouth closed for the majority of the time.

Mai had enough. He thought he was going to go crazy over this one patient that should have been discharged before even putting the bandage on her neck but this was a hard one to crack. He thought about bringing in the interrogation team, call in the pychological department because this poor girl was making the situation concerning.

"I'm telling you, she is not -- she is not adjusting to her surroundings. I mean, a thirteen year old in my care, glaring as if you were a merely the minority. Is she playing around? --"

"Meow.."

Mai looked down from brushing his teeth to his little cat, purring and bumbing against his legs. Putting the brush back into his mouth, he looked in the mirror again. Dark circles, goodness the dark circles.

"--I'm going absolutely crazy, Misaki-chan!"

____________

"Good morning, Doctor. Yamashita. Here are the reviews and documents...."

Ah, the habitual routine, he should be used to this by now for what, the 10 years he has spent at this hospital. He wasn't the best doctor out there, but damn he was at least one that made his patient live to see another day.

...

Mai Yamashita stood at the door, for the fifth time this week. Watching Sakura sit in her bed while watching her hands for past hours. It was a sight that really put him off, even wanting to delay his annual leave that he has never touched.

He walked slowly towards her bed, sitting on the end where her feet were, not too close for safety - for who? Himself. The past week she has been throwing tantrums of fighting the nurses who would come in, even nearly clawing at his face when she was asleep from checking her temperature. Surely, this distance was enough to run to the exit — he tensed.

Sakura was looking at him.

"Wait wait wait wait!"

He scrambled his clipboard from his lap, blocking his face.

...nothing.

He waited an extra few seconds to make sure that nothing was coming at him, then slowly put down his protective clipboard to see a blank face staring back. He blushed. Scratching the back of his head. He couldn't believe that he was scared of a little girl who looked just as weak as he was. She was already scared as is from whatever had happened yet continued to portray her as some kind of demon that wanted to kil—

"Yield."

Inches away from his face was a pointed end of a syringe. What.

Kakashi with his book in his hand and the other holding the wrist of what he saw the tiny patient he had thought that was weak.

Just what was happening?

"Sakura, I said Yield."

Using both her arms, she tore it away from him as she jumped out of bed onto the other side of the men. Only in her dressing gown and her iv lines off her arm, blood was dripping on the floor, touching her feet. There. She held her gaze, firmly in a defence position whilst pointing the syringe in their directions.

Mai lifted both of his arms up, carefully placing the clip board down.

"S-sakura. Sakura. It's okay. Your not in any danger. Just put that down.."

"Shut up. Who are you?"

"Sakura, now isn't the time to be rude to the person who has been taking care of you"

"Don't you dare come any closer. Let me out of here you fucking bastard I know your watching-"

"Who's here? Sakura just calm down and speak."

Sakura shook her head violently.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you making me live in this hell hole. Huh? Who made you think that you can bring my dead sensei here, you sick fuck."

Damn, swearing did not suit her at all.

Sakura started to cry hysterically as she stared at them, she looked terrible, broken to the ends of her core. Still holding her position.

"Y-you even brought my parents, Why even bother and just fight me!" She yelled.

Mai felt himself straighten and move toward his patient as she started to point her weapon to herself—

"If your too of a coward to kill me then, fine. Ill do it myself—"

Kakashi held the little pink haired in his arms from her fall. Mai, still standing. Still trying to process what had just happened.

"...I don't get paid enough, man."

...

Sakura slept until the next day where she woke up with something wrapped around her limbs. Groaning from waking up in an awkward position, she focused on mastering her chakra into her arms. But to no avail, nothing came out. She noticed how small her reserves were, as if all her hard work, all of her training and sweat was thrown down the drain. She bit her lips. She fumbled with the straps, tugging, pulling till she gave out a huff of frustration.

"Struggling much?"

She paused. Lifting her head slightly to get a better look. She was staring at the imposter.