CHAPTER 5- THE SUCCESS LADDER

Next day in college

The vice principal congratulated the team and Taani for their win. But life would not be chilled out for the team now that the competition was over. There was a far greater challenge waiting  for them- EXAMS. Another dance competition would have been way too easier for them. But here it was they had to pass their exams. NDC had not allowed them to attend classes and thus they were far too detached from their studies. The VP asked them to focus on classes and gear up for the upcoming challenge.

The team was now in no mood to be ecstatic about their win. Their faces were sulking and they were walking  as if they had reached doomsday. They dragged themselves to the canteen and sat with sullen faces. However the only one not sulking was Taani. As they got out of the VP's cabin she trailed off to the projector room without getting noticed by the gang. The previous night she was thinking of how she would avoid and not show that she was affected anymore and now she had a way. As she sat alone in the room she started mentally preparing herself….

Taani(in mind)- wow acha hua ki exams aane wale hai. Now I don't have to look for work that would distract me from Rey. Mein padhai mein engrossed reh Sakti hoon and sab se dur bhi reh Sakti hoon. This way mein kisi Ko hurt bhi nahi karungi. (Then suddenly thinking something else) aur ab mujhe apni padhai pe focus to karna hi hai apni life jo banani hai. So ok come on Taani ab bas focus studies pe kahin aur mat dekhna. You can do it. 

Elsewhere the gang tried to motivate themselves and all started preparing…

Pressure cooker jaise sar ki baj jaye na seeti

Ratta maar Ratta maar

O Patak patak ke sar gira de

Knowledge ki deewar ratta maar

Ratta maar... Ratta maar.

Chadh jaaye jo bukhar coffee se tu utar

Ghis ghis ke bheja kar le tez dhaar

Ratta Maar...

O bhool ja everest chadh ja tu kitabo ke pahaad

Sau baar Ratta Maar (zara zor se)

Tak pak tak pak brain ko dauda usko chabuk maar zordaar

Ratta maar (zara zor se)

Dar ke milega kya lega kya tu ukhad

Gat gat ke pee ja...

O o Ratta Maar…

All started attending classes regularly and were mostly seen with books in their  hands. The rehearsal hall had become their study room. They danced with their books. The whole college was in the exam mood. The gang out of habit memorised through dance steps. Rey and Swayam tried hard to focus but the sight of the boys were way too funny. Swayam and Sharon made sure they took out some time for themselves in the midst of panicking and preparing. Their romance was in full bloom hidden from the world's knowledge.

At the end of day upar tere

Latki hai performance ki talwar

AIsi dariya hai Remember karle

Jo doobe wohi hota hai paar

Jo bhi aaye yahaan pe usko chance ek milti hai

Har nazar ki yahaan pe socho