CHAPTER 14- THE GONE MONTHS

Six months later 

It was night and Taani was alone in a room. She played with the bed lamp switching it on and off several times. What was unusual is that it was not Taani's room. She was in a different room. Probably at a different place. 

Tired of the lamp she left it on and stood near the window gazing at the moon. It seemed she was troubled. But her face was calm. It was hard to decipher what she was thinking. Over the months Taani had matured and her face was reflecting it. 

She came back to the bed and gradually brought out her Journal from under the side pillow. She flipped through the pages. This journal which was once empty now had been filled over the months. 

Turning to an empty page she started writing…

" It's been six months since I started walking on my new path. Kitna kuch hua inn mahino mein. Hum sab badal gaye hai. Aaj uss purani Taani ko yaad karti hoon to yakeen nahi hota ki ussi Taani ne inn mahino mein itna kuch kiya. Meine to bas ek nayi life maangi thi par uss life ko banate hua bahut kuch piche chutt gaya. Apne past se aage badhna chaha tha par bhul gayi thi ki hum zindagi mein kitna bhi aage badh jaye humara past humse azaad nahi hota. 

Meine dost to banaye lekin shayad ab akelepan ki aadat ho gayi thi. Sochti hoon kaisa hota agar mein kabhi Mumbai aati hi nahi. Jodhpur ki ek anjaan ladki hoti. Par ab inn mahino ke baad piche dekhne ka waqt nahi hai. Inn mahino ne mujhe khud ke liye jeena sikhaya hai. Aaj mein aapne aapko sabse pehle rakhna jaanti hoon. Lekin at what cost. (Gives a sarcastic smile)

Aaj phir mujhe ek decision lena hai. Aisa decision jo mere future se related hai. Par kya mein sahi decision kar sakti hoon? ( She becomes thoughtful)

Darr aaj bhi lagta hai. Aur isliye baar baar inn mahino ke baare mein sochti hoon. Woh course, woh log, woh professor (smiles a little). Inn sab ke saath woh competition, that fateful night,( her smile disappears) that impulsive decision, Samaira( the smile appears again)aur phir inn sabke saath Rey. Rey aur mere beech kya hai ye to shayad hi kisi ko pata hai. Woh meri life ka ek aisa hissa hai jo hokar bhi nahi hai, nahi hokar bhi hai. Unke chapter ka shayad hi koi closure hoga meri life mein. 

Par jo bhi ho kal subah ek aur decision lena hai. I hope iss baar mein koi galti na karu."

Closing her journal she keeps it on a side table. Unable to sleep she walks out of the room. Strangely the room opened up to a backyard and not any living room.

( Something like this)

She started strolling on the grass and eventually sat in the middle of the backyard. She looked up at the sky. There were no stars, thanks to the pollution,yet it was peaceful. She kept gazing until she was tired.

Definitely a lot has changed over the months. But the question remains When? Why? How?

Where was she now? What is this decision? What was the other impulsive decision? What happened on the fateful night? 

One thing is certain Taani's life became a roller coaster ride.

NOTE- hey guys so here is the next chapter. I know it's really short. But I wanted to add this to enhance the story presentation and make the readers wonder...
This chapter shows a time leap but from the next chapter I will start with where the story was left in the previous chapter.
Also I read the comments I many have been asking me to include Taarey moments. So guys yes this is a Taarey FF but my prime focus is Taani. I personally love her. And as I said in the beginning of this story. This FF is to give her a voice. There will be Taarey but later as the story progresses. Till then keep reading about Taani's journey.
Keep reading and send in your feedbacks...