Zhao

(RiePOV)

It had been a few days after we had last seen the Avatar. We decided to dock on a small fishing village, to find someone to repair the front of our ship. The Airbender had done some good damage to it.

As we come to a standstill, we start heading down the plank onto solid ground.

"Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail." Zuko said. "You mean the Avatar?" Iroh asks, slightly confused. "Don't mention his name on these docks! Once word gets out that he's alive every Firebender will be out looking for him and I don't want anyone getting in the way!" Zuko hisses. As I look around to see if anyone heard us, the familiar face of admiral Zhao comes into view.

"Getting in the way of what?" Zhao interrupts. "Captain Zhao," Zuko said distantly. "Rie, it's a pleasure to see you again." Zhao snarked, reminding me of the last time I saw him. He grabs my hand to press a kiss on it, but I quickly pull away. 

"I must warn you, Captain Zhao, that I've had a nasty sickness in the past week, I wouldn't want to share it with you," I say, with a slightly disgusted tone. "Its Commander now," Zhao corrects. "And General Iroh, great hero of our nation, it's a pleasure to meet you again," Zhao says as he bows to him.

"Retired general," Iroh corrects. "The Fire Lord's brother son and Royal Guard are welcome guests any time. What brings you to my harbor?" Zhao asks. "Our ship is being repaired." Iroh answers. "That's quite a bit of damage," Zhao replies.

"Yes, you wouldn't believe what happened!" Zuko says, looking at me desperately. "Rie, tell Zhao what happened," He continued. 

Slightly taken aback by the sudden responsibility, I continue: "Yes, its incredible! We crashed right into an Earth Kingdom ship! Gladly, we were able to leave in time before things got out of hand." I say slightly unsure, looking at Zuko and Iroh for approval. They seem just as lost as I am, looking for an explanation.

"Really? You must regale me with all the thrilling details." Zhao says, his head lingering close to mine, looking for a challenge. I keep a straight face. "I'm sorry, but we don't have any time for tea." I sneer. " Rie is right, we've got to go right now," Zuko adds.

"Prince Zuko, Miss Rie, show Commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you. Do you have any ginseng tea? It's my favorite." Iroh says, following Zhao onto his ship. 

I share an annoyed look with Zuko as he growls in anger, fire coming from his nose, we follow close behind. "We crashed into an earth kingdom ship, do not stray away from that if he asks," I whisper. "What happened between you and Zhao?" Zuko asks, "he seems hell-bent on you." "Let's say I met him on my journey, it did not go well," I whisper back. "Tell me now!" He hisses. "No time, explanation later." I hiss back.

It had been two hours of listening to Mr. egotistical, and Zuko and I are starting to become impatient. "And by year's end, the Earth Kingdom capital will be under our rule." Zhao continues.

I was looking around the room, not really paying attention to what Zhao was saying anymore. "Then, the Fire Lord will finally claim victory in this war." 

I turned at the mention of the Firelord. Zuko held a cold glare towards Zhao as he gets up angrily. "If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool!" He snaps.

" Two years at sea have done little to temper your tongue." Zhao sneers back. "Zhao, I ask you to stay diplomatic, don't take it personally." I chime in.

"Rie, you seem to suddenly be all interested, now that I've mentioned the Firelord." Zhao states. "You seem to be quite far away to Guard His Majesty."