🦋 story 6 🦋

Uploading after 100 years opsi :) anyway today was my last test and exam for this year. Wow I can't believe it. Next year is my last year oh high school then I'll go to college 😯 I'm not ready for all the admissions exams and stress ugh. I hope I'll have a great summer before all that happens! // @dramionesmoon on ig 💖

The sound of the noisy birds woke Hermione up. As if "woke up" was the right word to use. She hasn't got any sleep tonight, exactly as the previous days. The last days of her pregnancy were so tough and made her don't feel grate. Hermione glanced over at the deep sleeping young man beside her and let a big smile out, softly running her fingers through Draco's platinum locks. It was the first time in the whole week shed seen Draco sleep so good and peacefully. As the loving and caring husband  he was, he was by Hermione's side all of her sleepless nights, helping her deal with the back pain and contraction she had.

Hermione tried to get out the bed without making much noise, which was hard, because of her huge belly that made her movements clumsy. She headed down in the kitchen with the idea to make a great breakfast, as her way to thank Draco for all the support and love he had showed to her through this journey.

"Pancakes" she thought. "Draco loves these especially with honey and fresh strawberries."

It was  difficult and unusual for Hermione to cook now, with her huge belly popping out and making her work 100 times harder. She tried to ben down to get a pan from a drawer, and instantly regretted it.

A strange bottom cramp made her freeze for a moment. She breathed it out and as soon as she got up a waterfall went down the kitchen floor. Hermione was in shock, her eyes and mouth  were wide open.

"Crockshanks, I think my water just broke"

she whispered to her beloved cat that had no idea what was happening, but trying to get Hermione's usual morning pet.

Hermione was worried, because she knew the baby would come soon. She's been having contraction for many days, and this was the last stage she had to pass. As the stubborn Gryffindor she was, of course she though shed deal with this on her own. As she was trying to pack her things and get ready, her contractions were now very often and strong. she put her hands on the table for support and was trying to breath them out talking to crockshanks:

"okay now were 7 minutes apart-"

"Hermione ? What are you doing here? What is happening for Merlin's sake?"

Draco's voice sounded from the behind but Hermione already touted him out.

"Its fine Draco. Stay calm okay? I think we are going to meet our baby boy today"
she said with a smile, but grinned as a new painful contraction hit her.

"But why didn't you woke me up love?"
He said with a lot of worry in his voice, caressing her belly with his hand.

Hermione was now in big pain and she couldn't really handle it on her own any more.

"We're apparating straight to st mungos."

Draco turned from Hermione to get his wand, but her gentle, small hand grabbed him by his arm:

"Draco... I'm scared"
she said looking up in his eyes with some tears sleeping down her cheeks.

Draco hugged Hermione tight, running his fingers through her messy curls, and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

"we're in this together, and you are going to get through this with me by your side" he smiled
"now grab my hand"

~~~

At the hospital an unexpected guest was already waiting for them.

"Mom? What are you doing here?» Draco asked surprised to see Narcissa.

"This morning I've noticed a new brunch growing into our family tree, under you and lovely Hermione. I knew it was the day we all have been waited for so long, and I couldn't miss it, pluss Hermione and I agreed that id be by your side during delivery."

Hermione smiled with relief knowing Narcissa was here. She had helped her a lot during her pregnancy and she could imagine anyone else as supporter during the delivery. Draco carefully hugged Hermione from behind with one of his hands helping Hermione walk to the hospital room.

~~~

"Well, you came here right on time, looks like miss Malfoy is ready to start pushing" Hermione's midwife said.

"We could've come much earlier if my wife wasn't so stubborn and woke me up the moment everything started"
Draco answered and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"We'll wait some minutes more, just to be sure. I'll leave the three of you alone now."
the midwife said and left.

Draco came closer to Hermione as she lay her head on his chest for rest. He hugged her and kissed her softly on the forehead.

"I can't believe we are going to be parents any minute now" Hermione whispered softly.

"I know. Feels just like yesterday we went for your first scan and he was the size of a peach"

"definitely not a peach anymore" Hermione said and laughed slightly.

"Look at the two of you" Narcissa said as she stood up from her chair coming closer to Hermione. She grabbed her hand.

"thank you, Hermione, so much, for bringing all this joy and light in our family. For making my son so happy. I always wanted the best for him, and im beyond grateful that he found his happiness with you."

Hermione smiled and grabbed her hand tighter. The smile on her face was wiped away in a second.
"The baby, I think its time" she said frowning.

~~~

After 1 hour of pushing Hermione was all exhausted and had no more strength. Her tiny and fragile body was going through so much right now, but Hermione was determined and she was doing the best job, having her husband and mother in low by her side.

"Draco, I can't do this anymore, I'm so tired." she said with her voice cracking from cry, lining her head on Draco's shoulder, holding his hand tight.

"I know Mione. Nothing makes me happier and nothing makes me sadder than you. Seeing you like this is reaping my heart out, but please, just a little more and we'll meet our son."
Okay miss Malfoy ready? one more push"

"No, no I can't-"
she was cut out by Narcissa:

"Five more minutes of pain for a lifetime of happiness"
the woman said with a smile, so Hermione ensemble together all of her barely remaining force and did the final move.

"Congratulations, such a precious baby boy!" the midwife said happily, putting the newborn baby on Hermione's chest.

"Hi baby" she said as happy tears were slaying down her red cheeks.
"Say hi to daddy too"

Draco was in a bit of shock. He was so big comparing to the little human cuddled in Hermione's arms. He straightened his arm and softly run his finger through the baby snow white barely showing hair. He lay to kiss the baby on his forehead and the gave Hermione a peck on the lips.

"We are parents Draco, I can't believe-"
she stopped when she gasped by the image she saw when she turned her head to Draco, who was tearing up too.

"Thank you, Hermione, for the most precious gift I could've asked for."

"Dear Merlin I never thought I'd see you like this."

"It's the best day of my life, so don't blame me, and enjoy the image because you will never see me like this again."

"We'll see about that, when you're gonna be a dad for my second grandchild."
Narcissa said raising her eyebrows at Hermione.

"Way too soon to talk about that" she answered and all three started laughing.

Aww this will be forever my favorite story I ever wrote 🥺 hope you like it as much as I do! Don't forget to follow my ig for more dramione content 🤗 // @dramionesmoon on ig🦋