Kion's Tale Ch. 8

Nabii belongs to Pancakes on Amino

Rookus belongs to Rookus_Hyena384 also on amino

The female lay in the grass, enjoying the feeling of the sunlight. Madoa watched the grass wave in the wind. Wow, it was so graceful. So pretty. The sunlight had never shone this brightly on her before. Like most Hyenas, Madoa was born and raised in the Outlands, as was everyone else in her family.

What a life.

Compared to where she was now, the Outlands were not looking so sharp. Said land was absolutely barren, with no colors other than grey and black. Not a sign of any kind of plant were anywhere as far as the eye could see. Those who were there, however, were dry and withered, their life essence long gone. Water was absolutely coveted, especially during the Dry Season. And now, it was the new lair of an evil Ghost Lion. So yes, the Outlands was a very dangerous place.

But things were different now.

After a very sordid affair involving the Army of Scar and their old home being destroyed, Madoa, along with the rest of her sisters clan, left the Outlands and began to make their new home in the neighboring Backlands, where a friend of her sisters invited them to stay.

But they were not the only ones who left.

Nabii was by nature a very odd Hyena. Something had apparently happened between her and her family that did not end well. Rookus was funny, yes, but only by her own standards. And Janja, well, although both Jasiri and Janja had conflicts of their own, Jasiri did not give up on Janja and invited him to stay with her and her clan.

And of course, there was Tombie.

For as far back as she could remember, Madoa had seen Tombie as one of the two most heroic hyenas she knew. When they were both cubs, Jasiri's clan was attacked by Jackals. And who came to the rescue? No one but Tombie and his clan. Now this was the first time the two had come into contact, and you can bet that the two had officially become completely enamored in each other. As they grew older, the alliance etween the two clans became stronger. At one point, Tombie had taken Madoa out on a date, or at least what Hyenas called a date, anyways. He took her to a place called 'Upendi', where Passion Fruit grew exclusively. It was the most fun either of them had ever had.

She heard a few footsteps that interrupted her memories.

Speak of the devil.

Her striped lover approached her with a freshly killed duck in his Jaws. This Duck looked very large, enough to feed a Hyena for two meals. Tombie always knew what to bring her.

She warmly smiled as he set the duck before her. "Thank you, sweetie."

"Anything for you, precious." Came the reply of her mate. He sat down next to her and watched her take a few bites. "So, how is everything, Madoa?"

"It's all good here, thanks." Madoa replied sweetly.

"All five of us are."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of them watched as the other Hyenas conversed. Her mate had just brought her a tasty Duck to feed the unborn cubs inside of her. She seemed to enjoy both things that had been laid out before her: The fresh meat, and the presence of the Hyena she loved.

"Geez..." Nne seemed to have a combination of Annoyance and Disappointment on his face. "It's been a month and it's still unbelievable."

"I know." Tano gave a nod to his best friend. "Choosing him, over two eligible bachelors like us."

The two of them gave a unified "Hmph" before another individual crossed their path.

Nabii was usually a Hyena who kept to herself, but she was also known to be somewhat sociable when it came to other Hyenas. As she walked past, she gave a brief nod to the two males. "Tano, Nne." With that done, she made her way to the watering hole.

The two males watched as the female walked away. Tano's yellow eyes widened. Now that was his kind of female. He got up on his paws and followed suit.

Nne, however, was left sitting as he watched his best friend race after the female. But was he going to be left out? No way. He followed the two of them without a second thought. "Hey, I saw her first!" He called after them. "Tano! I saw her first!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasiri sat alone by a riverbed, watching her reflection. For a few days, now, Jasiri wanted to be alone. Not because she was angry, mind you, just to take some time to clear her head. Several weeks ago, her sister had been married to an honest Hyena with whom her clan had good relations with.

But that was not the only thing she was thinking about.

During her time in the Backlands, Jasiri had taken a lot of time thinking about everything that had happened in the Outlands. Meeting Kion, winning her watering hole back, stopping Scar's attacks, and then there was one memory that was not as enjoyable. It was when Kion had used the Roar of the Elders in anger, and in doing so, destroyed the last thing she had left of her parents. It had also left her clan homeless and without water. This memory made her tense up. Maybe Kion destroying her home was an accident. Nevertheless, even if it was an accident, how could Kion be so careless? Could he not have know that her turf was in that direction? He should have, he had been there multiple times. So why not?

She felt as if she was spending too much time by herself. Her enforcer, Barbatus, had visited her once today, and it was to ask if she needed anything. She told him no, and to enjoy himself. Unfortunately, his idea of enjoyment was not as much listening to Rookus' terrible jokes as much as it was making sure rules were followed. But that did not stop the brown Hyena.

However, Jasiri somehow did not feel like socializing at the moment. She did have a few more things to think about. Mostly about what she would do when Kion would come looking for her. When that day would come, as she had promised her parents on their deathbeds, she would try her best to do what was right, even if it meant breaking her ties with her friend.

She was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she did not see the Egret in the distance.