Kion's Tale Ch. 20 (Final

(This is the last chapter of this Installment)

"So, you're sayin' you saw Scar?" Django asked the Mandrill that rode on his back. They had just rescued her, her brothers, and the Cuckoo bird from the antagonistic Outlanders that had attacked their land once before, and they were on their way to the entrance to the Great Gorge.

"That's right." Makini nodded. "And he wanted to use us as leverage for when Simba and our parents show up."

"Well, that's a bit of a 'Down and Out' situation."

Django grunted in annoyance as the Brown Hyena that accompanied them made yet another terrible Joke. Rookus laughed at the pun as Barbatus walked beside her, his eyebrows lowering from annoyed to content, despite his mouth not moving an inch.

"Excuse me, why is she here?" Rogo asked Barbatus.

Barbatus shook himself out of what looked like a daydream. "Uh... she's here because we needed all the help we could get." He looked up to the Cuckoo bird above them. "Good to see you alive, Gunge."

"Thank you, Master Barbatus." Gunge looked down at him. "It seems that the Outlanders are planning t-"

Before Gunge could reveal the full extent of the Outlander's plot, a bolt of Dry lightning struck the ground before them, creating a great fire that enlightened the darkness of night. Makini fell off Django in fright.

"Makini!"

The voice was familiar to the young Monkeys, but not to the Hyenas, Dragon, or the bird. A large dead tree fell over the fire. And on it, an adult male Lion ran towards them. "Makini, Rogo, Ugo, Follow me!" He called to them, leading them across the fallen tree. The four Backlanders followed behind them, Django closest behind Makini.

As soon as they were on the other side, Makini saw that Simba was not alone. She and her brothers were immediately met with the loving arms of their mother and father.

"Makini! Boys!" Fikiri cried as he hugged them. "We were so worried about you." He then looked at them with a stern look. "Don't you ever go out of the Pridelands without us again."

"We won't, dad." Makini hugged back. She looked back to see Django smiling warmly as he watched her. 'Oh, Mom, Dad, these are the ones who saved us from the Outlanders."

Fikiri turned his attention to the Dragon and the two Hyenas. "You three have my sincere Gratitude. But, why did you save them?"

"Well, we may be from different Kingdoms," Django answered. "But we're all in the circle of life together."

"Excuse me, but thank yous can wait." Barbatus stepped forward. "King Simba, your son is in danger. He and his Lion Guard are walking right into a trap at the entrance to the great Gorge."

Simba's eyes widened as he listened to the Hyena. He was rather weary of trusting a Hyena, because of past experiences, but when it came to his son, he did not want to take any chances. He leaped forward, leading the way. "This way!"

Now that he had saved the young Mandrills, he had to save his only son.

And figure out why they were there in the first place.

~Meanwhile~

Zira grinned as she walked around the Lion Guard, her allies blocking their only ways of escape. She had waited so long to have her revenge on the young cub for how he banished her pride from the Outlands, and now was her time to exact it. She smiled at her Backlands spy. "Scar gives you his regards, Badlii."

"He'd better," Badili grunted, seemingly irritated. "Getting these Pridelands idiots to follow me cost me my Territory."

Zira ignored the offensive statement and smirked at Kion. "Well Kion, it seems you and your friends have gotten yourselves out of the Frying Pan and Into the fire." Something she didn't seem fazed by was the bolt of Dry Lightning that struck the ground behind her, creating a fire that seemed to scare even the Jackals and Crocs. The Vultures circled overhead, ensuring that even Ono couldn't escape up above.

"Leave now, Zira," Kion growled, stepped towards the evil Lioness. "Unless you want to be reminded of how I beat you the first time."

"Oh, was that before or after you DOOMED the pride lands?" Zira acted wickedly innocent.

"That won't work, Zira." Kion stood his ground. "Not this time."

Now knowing that words would not harm Kion this time, Zira lowered her grin. "Kill them." She commanded her pride and the traitorous Leopard, prompting them to attack the Cub and his team, along with the two Backlanders. The fires made the situation even more hardening for the group. Kion braced for battle as he swatted a Jackal away from Ono, who didn't seem too grateful for his savior.

Fuli zipped around a group of Crocs and Lionesses, planning to make them dizzy. "Can't catch me, can you?"

Kiburi swung his tail and knocked her over. "I think I can, actually." He boasted.

Bunga rushed to Fuli's side as Reirei pinned him to the ground."Not this time, Honey Badger." She growled.

Ono found himself squaring off against Mzingo and the Vultures, who began to zip into him repeatedly.

Kion was having the most problems out of the whole Lion Guard. Being a younger Lion fighting an adult Lioness was one of the most challenging tasks he found himself doing. Though he could use the Roar against Zira, he feared that was what she wanted. And what Scar wanted as well. The villainous Lioness lunged at the Cub as she brought out her lethal claws.

"Ah Kion, I know very well that I cannot break your spirit." She said rather sweetly before turning sinister again and lunging at him.

Kion dodged as he reared on his hind legs, smacking Zira in the face. Zira seemed undeterred by this as she knocked Kion off balance

"Instead... I will simply... BREAK YOU!"

She then made a swift movement of her work and sunk her fangs into his shoulder, making him yell in pain as blood soaked the injured shoulder. He could feel her clawing him repeatedly.

But before she could do anymore, something tackled her.

Kion opened his eyes to see his father battling the mate of Scar, pure fury in his eyes. "Leave my son alone, Zira." He growled.

Zira seemed as angered as him. "Why am I not surprised YOU would be here? If I were you, I'd leave here and never come back."

"You know I will not do that." Simba bared his fangs. "You will never win this." Joining Simba, Fikiri and Kitendo seemed just as ready to fight as he was, but Zira did not seem to scared.

The group of Pridelanders and Backlanders fought as hard as they could, but the unified battle forced was still outnumbered against the Army of Scar. Nabii backed up in a corner along with the others. "Steadfast, Comrades." She glanced at Barbatus and Rookus. "I'll think of Something..."

But Rookus, being, well Rookus, raised her paws in the air, speaking to the Outlanders. "I give up. I give up." Seeing this, Barbatus slapped his paw to his face in annoyance.

This was the time of reckoning indeed. Enemies on the left, enemies on the right, enemies even above him. Leading them, Zira stepped closer and closer to her adversaries as the flames rose higher and higher behind her, grinning evilly as Simba was forced to join his allies. He had carried his injured son over to the safety of the crowd of friends he found himself with. Perhaps it was a good thing that Kion was unconscious, for the sight of Zira preparing for the kill was most unnerving.

"I am going to enjoy this very much..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Credits song- Fire on Fire (Sam Smith)