NEVER Count Out A 'Soulless Dooms-Day'!

Author's Note: Just so you know, the current Covid-19 situation is not going to be occurring in my story for this one. In other words, there isn't any pandemic in this story. I hope you don't mind that.

It had been a number of time since 'The Soulless Dooms-Day' had first spoken to Bayley and Alexa Bliss, even though the trio did manage to keep in touch with one-another since that day - and in that time all 3 of them had been incredibly busy in their time apart.

Bayley was still the Smackdown Women's Champion, having managed to retain the title at Night 2 of Wrestlemania 36 in an elimination match against Tamina, Lacey Evans, Naomi and even her fellow 4 Horsewomen member Sasha Banks, and then again at Money In The Bank against Tamina with a little help from "The Boss" Sasha Banks - although many had been speculating that there was even more tension building up between Bayley and Sasha after Wrestlemania, or starting to build up if there wasn't any tension to begin with...

As for Alexa, she and her tag partner Nikki Cross had managed to win the Women's Tag Team Championships for a second time in the opening match for Night 1 of Wrestlemania 36, defeating "The Kabuki Warriors" Asuka and Kairi Sane to do so. Ironic in a way, given that "The Kabuki Warriors title reign had begun by ending Bliss and Cross's first reign at Hell In A Cell the year prior.

As for Damon Archangel though, he'd been busy working in between numerous shows lately, and had even picked up a few more runs with DDT Pro-Wrestling's Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship here-and-there in very brutal fashion, as opposed to the often very comedic ways that occurred for many of the championships title changes, and in tow he had brought his total of reigns with the title up to 11. 

However, 'The Soulless Dooms-Day' was about to get a big opportunity in New Japan, as he was set to face off against "The Dragon" of the Los Ingobernables de Japon stable, Shingo Takagi, for the NEVER Openweight Championship. 

Ever since Shingo had won the title back in February from Hirooki Goto - he'd elevated the championship in brutal and compelling matches against both Heavyweights and Junior Heavyweights since winning the title, even despite the fact he was also 1/3 of the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champions as well. 

People were now considering the NEVER Openweight title as a championship that was on-par with that of the prestige that the IWGP Heavyweight and IWGP Intercontinental Championships that Takagi's fellow L.I.J member, Tetsuya Naito, held. 

And now...'The Soulless Dooms-Day' was about to go hunting for the NEVER Openweight title...and he was looking forward to slaying 'The Dragon' to do so!

Both Alexa and Bayley were both eagerly looking forward to hearing or seeing the results from the match between Takagi and Archangel, and even more so to seeing the match when they'd be able to get the chance to.

As the crowd in the arena itself prepared for another great New Japan event/show, and for the title match itself that was on the card: Jason could be seen in the back leaning against a wall with his eyes closed - trying to get himself into the right frame of mind for the upcoming match, with a few of his co-workers passing by and wishing him luck or checking on him every-so-often.

Soon though, he began to make his way to the ring - the pats on his back by fellow co-workers and wrestlers, as well as them saying 'Good luck' to him, not even registering with 'The Soulless Dooms-Day' - completely in the zone and in the mind frame that he is known for...

And then, as he made his way to the curtain to head out...the creepy rhythmic, pained and cybernetic breathing began to play throughout the arena as the lights went completely out a minute before-hand...and then, came the music!