~ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕤~( prolog pt.3 )

❤️Mahiru's P.O.V.❤️

"I think I like you..." hiyoko looked down.
"like... Love you..."

"well, isn't it obvious?" I smiled and held her hands.

"h- huh? What do you mean?" she said, looking up at me.

"You just said it would be romantic to have a picnic in a flower field." I reassured her.
"and of course, I'll be your girlfriend, silly."

"what- b- but I didn't even ask that! Not saying I wouldn't want that though..." she stuttered.

"I could already tell you we're gonna ask that soon enough."
I was trying to act calm, but on the inside I was drowning in excitement.

"well.. Of course if your not ready for that kind of relationship-" she cut me off and hugged me.

She pushed me down to the grass and kissed me. As she let me go she sat me up.

"of course I'm ready!"

That was a quick mood change...
Everyone was already gone by the time we had our moment, so I took out my phone and texted the group chat.

I asked if we could meet up at the park in front of the old hopes peak. Everyone agreed, so I figured we could announce our status there.

"hey..." hiyoko said.

"what's up?" I replied.

"are you... Willing to... Protect me?" she asked.

"what do you mean exactly?" I said curiously.

"from... Other people, yknow?" she looked down.

"oh... Oh, of course! Have I ever let anyone ever get to you even when we weren't in a relationship?"

"No..." she replied.
And that's when I was questioning weather she was lieing or not...

-----------------------------------
Authors note: sorry for another short chapter! The average word amount will probably be around 500 - 600.