~𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕔𝕠𝕠𝕝~

🧡Hiyoko's P.O.V.🧡

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️

It's been about two years since I confessed to Mahiru... And now we're in collage. I would like to say I've gotten better, but I really haven't. I can still see the scars in my feet from the constant nails... And because of that I have to deal with more sh*tty people then ever.

Mahiru - senpai said she would protect me... But I don't think she understands that she's not around me 24/7... We only have one class together, not including lunch, so we really have no time together.

As I walk to my dorm door I see my sandals had nails glued to them again. Probably Chiaki's work again...
I'm not gonna walk around bare foot, so I slowly put them on ignoring the fact that the nails were slowly piercing through my skin.
"Nh-Nhph!"
I wanted to scream in agony and pain, but I didn't want Mahiru to hear me next door. I don't want her to worry about me.

While the nails were still far into my feet, I tried to stand on my heels and walk out the door. I'm walking down the stairs to my locker when I see I'm surrounded by the people that hate me the most.

"heh! Imma go now, gotta see what all this commotion is about. Yeah. Kay, cya!"
I saw Kazuichi on his phone in the distance, putting it into his pocket.

"alright y'all, what're you lookin at?"
He said, peeking over the croud- immediately looking at the pool of blood below My feet.

"hiyoko?! That's it I'm getting Mahiru!"
He shouted, running back up the stairs.

"W-WAIT-" I got cut off by Chiaki kneeing me in the side.

"NOW look what you've done. I'm gonna look like a total jerk." she boasted.

"Because you ARE one B*TCH-"
She then elbowed me in the stomach.
I see Mahiru, Nekomaru, and Souda running down the stairs. Not good...

"HIYOKO!!" Mahiru shouted.
She pushed through the crowd and picked me up. She immediately took off my sandals and threw them to Kazuichi.

"Take her to the nurses office!!" Nekomaru yelled.
While she was running to the office she asked me a couple questions.

"why would you not tell me about this?" she lectured.

"..." I didn't reply.

"You wanted me to protect you didn't you?!"
...

She knocked on the door and let the nurse (Mikan) know what happened.

"oh my!" She gasped.

"i-im really sorry... Let me fix you up!"
She went and got a couple bandage wraps from the cubbies above the sink.

"Mikan..." I looked up at her.

"y- yh- yeah?" she trembled.
"i- I'm sorry if it hurts... I- I'll stop!-" she stuttered.

"no, it's not that." I reassured her.
"I'm sorry about high school..."

"huh?" she questioned.
"about what?"

"The whole bullying thing..."
I said.

"oh- oh! I-its not y-y-your fault!" she looked up at me.

"..."
It feels good to get that off of my chest... Saying sorry isn't as easy as it looks I guess...