MADMAX (pt.1)

[WELCOME TO SEASON TWO !!]

3rd person pov:

"Lucas, you copy? I've got four quarters. What's your haul?" Dustin asks while sitting against his bed. "Take your puny haul and multiply it by five." Lucas says sitting at his desk speaking into the walkie-talkie.

"How?" Dustin asks confused. "While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn." Lucas says sassy. "Old Man Humphrey's got that kind of cash?" Dustin asks. "Just call Mike already." Lucas says. "You call Mike." Dustin says annoyed.

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man. Over and out." Lucas says putting his walkie-talkie on his table.

"Mike, do you copy? Mike, do you copy?" Dustin asks. "Yeah. Yeah, I copy." Mike says. "What the hell are you doing on this channel?" Dustin asks. "Nothing." Mike says. "Well lucas and I have six bucks total. What's your haul? And get y/n." Dustin says.

Mike's eyes widen. He forgot. "Shit! I don't know yet." Mike says. "What do you mean you don't know yet?" Dustin asks in disbelief. "Hold on. Call y/n and Will." Mike says and closes the antenna.

Dustin says angry and trys to contact y/n. Y/n puts her book down and answers. "I copy." Y/n says. "Lucas and I have six bucks total what's your haul?" Dustin asks. "5 bucks." Y/n says. "Jeez y/n where did you get that much cash?" Dustin asks surprised. "ah, I guess just saving up gets you somewhere. Meet you there bye." Y/n says and gets ready.

Y/n pov:

I walk out of room, and head to the basement to be met with no one. Wheres Mike??? I run back upstairs when Mike went running past me following an angry Nancy. I chase after them and hop of my bike when Mike does and Nancy screams, "Asshole!". I chuckle.

"Close one there bud." I say. "I'm not gonna pay her back." Mike says. We arrive at the arcade and put our bikes on the racks, and a car honks.

Oh great It's Will!!!! okay so Will and I are dating and everyone knows. But his mom doesn't let him go alone anymore because of what happened. Will waves and I wink. "Hey!" Lucas calls to Will. Will gets out of the car and shuts the door.

"To slay the dragon, use the magic sword." The lady on the games says. "Oh, jesus! I'm in the unchartered territory, guys." Dustin says. We all start yelling at him telling him what buttons to press.

We all get excited and start rambling. "Alright shut up shut up." Dustin says and stop. His character dies. "No. No. No! No. No. No! I hate this overpriced bullshit! Son of a bitch! Peice of shit!" Dustin yells and slams the machine. "You're just not humble enough. But you'll get there one day."Lucas says.

"But until then, princess Daphne is still mine." Lucas smirks. "You know what. Whatever. I'm still tops on Centipede and Dig Dug." Dustin says. "You sure about that?" Keith asks. We all turn to him. "Sure about what?" Dustin asks. Keith eats a cheeto.

We all look at each other. Dustin pushes Will out of the way and we all run to the machines of the games he said he was top on. "Move! Move! No, no, no, no, no. Hey, no! No!" Dustin says extremly upset moving machine to machine to see he isn't top. "751,300 points!" Will says amazed. "That's impossible." Mike says.

"More importantly who is MADMAX?" I ask. "Yeah who's MADMAX?" Dustin asks. Keith. "Better than you." Keith says. Dustin puts the middle finger up. "Is it you?" Will asks. Keith scoffs."You know I despise Dig Dug." Keith says and eats another cheeto.

"Then who is it?" I ask. "Yeah, spill it, Keith." Dustin says. "You want information, then I need something in return." Keith says. I scoff in disgustness. He looks from me to Mike. "What the fuck, no!" I say. "No, you're not getting a date with her." Mike says.

"Y/n, Mike, come on. Just get him the date." Lucas says. I look at him shocked. "We're not prostituting our sister!" I say in disbelief. "But it's for a good cause." Lucas says. "No, don't get him a date. Wanna Know why? Cause he's gonna spread his nasty-ass rash to your whole family." Dustin says.

"Acne isn't a rash and it isn't contagious, you prepubescent wastiod. "Oh, I'm a mastoid?" Dustin asks. "She couldn't go on a date with you because you make like, what? $2.50 on hour?" Dustin makes fun of keith. "Nice perm." Keith says . "Gonna make fun of my hair?" Dustin asks. "Nice double chin." I say annoyed. "Shut up you turd." Keith says. "Fucking make me." I say.

I remove myself from the conversation when I see Will isn't beside me. He went outside. The fuck? I follow him. "Will? Will? Hellooooo??!?!?! Will! Are you okay?" I ask. He gasps and turns around.

"Sorry i didn't mean to scare you." I say. He turns to the sky and then back at me. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Yeah. I just... i needed some air." Will says. "You sure?" I ask. "Mhm." Will says cautiously. I grab his hand. "Come in. You're up next on Dig Dug. Let's take that top score back, huh?"  I giggle and he smiles. We walk back into the arcade hand and hand.

-the next day-

Mr.clarke put a fake brain in this hold thing. "Meet the human brain. I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution.  All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak  I did not stutter. A hundred billion." Mr.clarke says excites.

Ugh I hate science. Someone's bubble gum bubble pops and the door opens. Everyone looks up at the new student. "Ah, this must be our new student." Mr.clarke says. "Indeed it is. All yours." The principle says and quickly leaves and shuts the door. "Oh hold up, you don't get away that easy." Mr.clarke says.

"Come on. Don't be shy." Mr.clarke says. "Stop embarrassing the girl." I say outloud. "I'm not, I'm just introducing her y/n, Dustin, drum roll." Mr.clarke says.

Dustin closes his back and starts slapping the book with his hands creating a drum roll noise. "Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny Califorina, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine." Mr.clarke says, and Dustin stops the drum roll. Maxine looks at mr.clarke.

"it's Max." Max says. Wait mad max. "Sorry?" Mr.clarke asks her. "Nobody calls me Maxine. It's Max." Max says. Dustin, mike, will, and I look at each other. I whisper to Will. "Do you think that's MADMAX.' I ask him. "I think so." He says. I nodd. "Well, all aboard, Max." Mr.clarke says. We all look at her as she sits down and looks to us. I wonder if it's her.

•••

Word count- 1212 words

< sorry this is a short chapter I'm definitely going to update tommrow so don't worry. Thanks for the votes and comments okay bye !!>