Chapter 2

Lilith-

(The next morning)***

As I see the sun rise over the horizon, I quickly rub my eyes and jump out of bed excitedly. The alarm clock reads 6:45am to be exact. Damn I was up early. If my mother found me awake right now, she'd frantically check my body temperature or see if I'm using too much magic, assuming I was sick- it's pretty rare I wake up for school on time.

Today marks the first day of senior year: the last year with people from high school. Seniors typically celebrate all the good times they've shared together, which is why it's so important. But that wasn't the case for me.

Now don't get me wrong- I had my fun times in high school as well as my bad times. It's perfectly normal to experience highs and lows, my mother would often tell me. Yes including magic users and witches like myself. We're not all that different as people perceive us to be.

Remember how I previously mentioned my little 'crush' for someone? Well here's where that comes into play. There's this cute girl named Celeste who happens to be my friend and crush since sophomore year. Not only was she beautiful appearance wise, but personality is a 10/10. She is an absolute sweetheart and a blessing to my life. I guess you can say today is the day I show her that.

I'm wearing a black and red plaid denim skirt, lace combat boots, a Pierce The Veil t shirt and a denim jacket to top it off. My red hair ruffles my face as usual. Guess beanies can't hide everything, huh? No matter how hard I'd try to look decent, I end up pulling off one of my styles- messy, emo and edgy.

I look at the time again and this time it reads 7:15am. For once I'm excited to get to school. I was taking an optimistic approach to start something new and nothing would get in my way- not even mother, despite her talk about putting a love spell on celeste.

And of course Zander reluctantly agrees with her every time. But that's beside the point.

"Lilith, come eat something before we leave. We're leaving in 5 minutes."

I silently groan. I'm even hungry and my mother is forcing me to eat breakfast.

"Coming.."

Please someone end me.

*

On my way to school, I read the letter once more. God I was such a cringe. How could I have possibly written it like that? I sounded like a love sick puppy.

"Lil hun," she interrupts my thoughts. "Your head has been buried in that letter. Everything okay?"

She's right. My head really is buried in this letter. I guess my concern for perfection has been more challenging than I expected.

"Lilith?"

"Earth to little sis," Zander waves his hand in front of my face and I snap out of my little trance.

"H-Huh? What? I'm here, I'm alive."

Theoretically.

"Sorry, just overthinking again. I'm just freaking a little about how much of a cringe I really am."

Zander laughs. I could feel anger arising and I end up slapping his arm. He pulls away and flinches in pain. I smirk. He had it coming for laughing at me. "Lilith what the hell?" He whirls on me.

"What's going on back there?" Mom snaps. "Lilith." She looks at me through the rear view mirror. "Are you starting another fight?"

"WHAT? No! Zander started it. So blame him."

Both give me a look and I roll my eyes, focusing my attention instead on the outside view.

Mother sighs. "You're thinking too much Lilith. She will like it. I know it." Let's hope she's right. Her words did sometimes encouraged me, despite random lectures about getting into fights and casting spells wrong.

Before I know it, I arrive at school.

Well here we go- once I go in, I can't run out till 2:15. I had free every other day 9th period.